Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 13:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 375/375/195 Male 6' 2"
BF:Don't wanna know
Progress: 0%
Default Confused...

I realize that we are limited to certain foods while on induction, but when browsing the Atkins store one can see other things not on the list that say they are sutable for phase 1. For example: http://atkins.com/shop/atkins-food-brands/bakery.html

Which is correct? Are we supposed to strictly go by the list in the book or can we freely use recipes/foods from the Atkins site that indicate they are suitable for phase one (induction)?

Seems a bit of a double standard.

rj

Last edited by Nursedude : Fri, Sep-19-03 at 13:25.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 13:30
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I would stick to the list closely for the first two weeks. This resets your taste buds, gets rid of cravings, and gets your body into fat burning mode.

If you choose to stay on induction past the two weeks, then experiment with adding things back in the site lists as ok. Somethings like the bars though are really bad for stalling people, so add things in slowly and see how you react to them.

Most people have a natural plateau in weeks 3 or four while thier body adjusts. I wouldn't use that time to experiment with foods as you may get a false idea that a certain food is what's causing the plateau. Remember too the occasional plateau or break is common throughout the program and should be expected
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 13:51
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I agree with Lady Belle. Just follow the list and ignore the bread and stuff while in induction. I actually didn't add any low carb bread like stuff for a few months.

Thanks for the link, though-I didn't know Atkins made bagels.