Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 21:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/185/115
BF:?/?/16%
Progress: 0%
Default This will be the Year for me

I just bought Atkins new revolution Diet and have read it from cover to cover. I have marked it and underlined it and even began one week of the Induction and WOW was I impressed! But The holidays were just a few days away and my Navy son was flying in from Italy and the party's were at my house. So as I sit here and write this I have not begun the program yet. But I'm gonna. My son leaves in a about a week. But I am glad to have found this site. Looks like I am going to find a lot of encouragement and support.
That one week of Induction was fine. I really like having my cup of coffee in the morning but it wasn't too hard to have the decaf. I found that I could sleep so much better. I usually have so many aches and pains that I rarely sleep though the night. My feet were not swollen and painful. That is a plus with me. And my face got thin. It is usually puffy. I am suppose to be a good steward of everything God has given me and that means my body too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 23:29
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Good for you, Lil...sounds like your off and running.

You'll see some weight loss and you'll be feeling great by the time induction is over. After that, it's a leisurely pace of good food, stable blood sugar, etc. Works for me!

Good luck...stay in here with us!!

#3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 06:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile Welcome Lil - good for you reading the whole book!

You are definitely all set! And just remember how much better you felt after one week of induction. You'll do great!

Gail
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:26

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

You may be surprised at how many aches and pains disappear and don't come back. I had hand, wrist, hip and knee pain I thought was just a part of getting older. During the first week of induction it ALL went away. That was back in August and was such an immediate effect that it could not have been weight loss. I'm still on the WOE and none of the pain has returned. I believe I had been poisioning myself all these years.

You have a great attitude and that helps with success.
Best of luck to you.

Cindy