Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:09

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Happy Dance!

OMIGOD - I just tried making my keto shake with 5 oz heavy cream to up my cals. I'm using Carb Solutions choc, EAS whey, crushed ice, heavy cream and water. It tastes so much like a milkshake! Does anyone know if malt powder has carbs?

On the results meter:
* I'm having to pin my engagement ring on my finger by putting my wedding ring on top. I'll have to resize both eventually.

* I actually got size 12 jeans all the way up today. I can't zip em, mind you, but one of my more hideous moments 6 months back was sleepily grabbing a pair of jeans from the back of the closet and not being able to pull them more than a few inches above my knees. I can get my 14s on and zipped, but it will be another 5 lbs or so before I'll wear them outside and my couldn't-wear-em last month 16s are hanging off my hipbones. What?? I have hipbones??!!

* The watch I almost didn't buy because it was too snug is doing flips around my wrist and hangng down the back of my hand.

* My husband's polo shirts - the big, long ones that I used to hide under - hang on me now and the short sleeves fall to my elbows.

* Even my SHOES are too big. I put on my fave sandals yesterday and walked clean out of them, tripped and nearly died laughing on the floor of my entryway.

* I have a job interview next week and the clothes I'm sending to the cleaners to wear haven't fit for 4 whole years (or more?). (Yes, I'm shopping, but I'm shopping more for goal-sizes rather than intermediate sizes I may only wear for a month or so. Besides, my closet already goes from size 10 to size (eek!) 22.)

For some reason, the last 7 lbs I've lost seem to have made more difference in inches than the previous 20. Go figure!

Cheers!

Friday
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/166/150
BF:
Progress: 36%
Smile

I love to hear this--it is so encouraging!! Way to go!!! How long have you been doing the program? I can't wait til I'm off induction and I can have one of those shakes!!! Sound great!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:19

BF:

I started in January, lost 20 lbs, then staaaaaaaaaaaallllllllled for a good 2-3 months and am now losing again.

Friday
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 14:55
Registered Member

Stats: 186/172/120
BF:
Progress: 21%

WooHoo, CONGRATS!!!!!!!

WOW, how wonderful for you, it is so encouraging to read how everyone is doing, I'm so happy for you, sounds like you are doing fabs, give yourself a pat on the back you deserve it.

Annette
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 17:26

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Happy dance some more....it burns calories and is good exercise. Congrats on the progress...keep it up!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 00:23

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Way to GO!!!

Sounds like all kinds of good things are happening for you.

Good luck at the job interview - let us all know how it goes.

Cheers!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 07:40
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

What a wondeful post to read!

Awesome job.........cin
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 08:11

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Hi Fridayeyes - Congratulations on your progress - I'm seem to be in a stall mode and want to try shakes. Why do you put Whey in your shake?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 08:50

Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Cool

Fridayeyes,

Congratulations on your great progress!! Having lost 40 pounds myself, I know just how terrific it feels to try on those smaller clothes and find that they fit!

Be careful with that malted milk powder, though, because 1 T has 5 carbs.

Karla
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 11:34

BF:

The whey is for extra protein. One scoop of the whey has about 20 g protein by itself which is double the amount in a single serving of the Carb Sol'ns.

Friday
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 11:47
Registered Member

Stats: 165/141/130
BF:
Smile Wow!

Wow, great post. I need to read stuff like this right now. My whole experience with Atkins after the first week has been one big stall. Tell me, did you stay in Induction the whole two months you were stalling? See how we're all asking you questions? It's because we all want our watches to dance on our wrists too!!

henbane
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 15:42

BF:

Yes, I was pretty much in induction for the whole stall. I think what broke the stall was:

A) getting far enough into a weight training program where fat loss wasn't masked by muscle growth
b) upping my water consumption
c) eliminating Carbolite chocolate, diet soda, assorted low carb bars, aspartame, and cheese.

Cheers!

Friday
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 16:45
Registered Member

Stats: 165/141/130
BF:
Default Aspartame

I have a question for you about Aspartame, FE. I drink plenty of diet soda even though Atkins says not to because I understand the only harmful effect he claims for aspartame is that it increases cravings. Since I haven't noticed that problem, I'm not worried. Should I be? Is there something else about aspartame that you've read?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 16:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/216.5/135
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default hi

hi there, ive just been laughing at your mention of your engagement ring........when i got married 8 years ago i was about 6 stone lighter than i am now (84lb) my husband bought me a beautiful wedding ring with little diamonds all the way around it. over the years as i gained the weight i have never taken off the ring .................therefore as i have gained weight the only part of me that is the same is my finger(under the ring) lol.i couldnt get it off now if my life depended on it. anyway i have 2 ambitions with this diet, the first is to sit in the bath and let the water out.................all of it(if i sit there and let the water drainany water behind my big bum stays in the bath until i stand up) and the second ambition is to be able to take my ring off when i wash up so good luck and thanks for sharing a wonderful day with us............p.s did you try a coathanger to get the zip on your jeans up??????hehehehehehehe thanks mal
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 17:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up +

Congratulations!. Talk about results. You're on a roll. I'm tickled pink for you.