Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 10:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/173/145
BF:?
Progress: 35%
Thumbs up Great low-carb find in London Drugs!

Hello Canadian Low-Carbers with Sweet Tooths!

Have an excellent find to share with you! I find it really hard to find low-carb products over here and do all my shopping online. That's why I was so excited to find this one in our stores!

WHERE: London Drugs, in the pharmacy section for diabetics
WHAT: Absolutely delicious and inexpensive low-carb chocolate bar assortment (using splenda)
WHY: To stay on this WOL during the Christmas cravings!!!

Hope this is helpful for some of you! Please let me know of any other great low-carb finds you know of in Canadian stores!

Lotsa low-carb love,
Melissa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 14:56
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just Splenda? No malitol, lactolol, whatever-lol? What's the brand name? I'm curious. Maybe I can find an online distributor...
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 20:44

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

Bijou... there are places to find low carb in lower mainland but they are few and far between... ie: Alive healthfood stores and pharmasave carry Ross chocolate (sooo yummy, inexpensive and variety of flavors), Super store carries jams using splenda ... Smuckers assorted flavors as well as ED Smith jams and syrups(pancake). Save On Foods sells same. Super store also sells some Atkins stuff, lots of assorted low carb bars and shake mix. What brand is the chocolate found at London Drugs?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 23:55

Default Thanks so much for the tips!

Wow...who knew Superstore carried Atkins? I'm blown away! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your info with me. I don't have any chocolates on hand to tell you the name of the company but they're from Belgium I think and the name's a little odd...The praline bar is the best though.

Well all I can say is that I truly hope that one day, low carbers take over the planet and that everyone eats a la Atkins and that all store carry only low-carb products!!

Again, thanks for the tips, I'll definitely be putting them to use!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 16:55

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hiyas..I'm over in Victoria and can get TONS of lc products at the local healthfood store "lifestyles market"...Atkins - Ross Choc Bars & a TON of Keto Products

You would be saving a TON of money if you came over on the ferry and loaded up! It would be cheaper then the shipping costs from the states
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 22:15

Thumbs up Worth a ferry ride!

Wow...that's amazing! I thought you guys only ate granola over there! I can barely find anything in Vancouver...I just spent over one hundred bucks buying LC products over the internet. Can you tell me what kinds of Atkins and Keto products this store sells and where it is? It may be time for a little trip on the ole Queen of Nanaimo...

Thanks for the info Jenn!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 16:19

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Granola? You're mistaking us with Saltspring Island

Ok..the store is called "Lifestyles Market"..the main one is on Douglas St. - just before 'downtown' victoria

They have (hope i remember everything)

Ross Choc bars - every flavour imaginable

Keto: Shakes, Jams, Chips, Cereal, Bars, Ketchup..break mix..muffin mix...cookie mix..ice cream..pudding...umm..geez..i know there is a lot more and i can't think of it right now..sorry...they are also really good there..any keto product you want they will bring it in

Atkins - shakes, bars, syrup, bake mix..umm..probably other stuff..

La Tortilla Factory - Large and small lc Tortillas..soooo good!

If you want any more info..just ask!