Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 19:54
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Food Advice

Okay so I am trying to save some money on groceries.

Everytime I go out shopping I spend a gazillion dollars on whatever LC food strikes my fancy at the moment. I end up eating a lot of one thing and not the rest. So then when I run out of whatever I was eating a lot of, I go to the store to buy more- where the cycle then repeats itself and I end up 'spending a gazillion dollars on whatever LC food strikes my fancy at the moment'.

This leaves me with:
1. A full fridge/cupboards (in which I forget what I have and only eat what's in the front in plain view)

and

2. Rotten food that I never get a chance to eat before I throw it out.

So I am on a mission to clear out my fridge so that I can start over, so I am on a challenge to finish what I have before I go to the grocery store again. I want to start eatin whole foods, but I have all these LC products that I want to get rid of, and never buy again.

So without further adue, my question to all of you- what food ideas can you come up with, with what I have and am trying to get rid of-

I have:

(Lots of) LC baking mix
(Lots of) LC Tortillas
LC Pasta
Ground Flax
Ground Almonds
Soy Flour
Soy Protein

In the fridge to mix it with:
Chorizo beef
Sausage
Eggs
Ground beef
Chicken
Deli Turkey
Cheese filled Hot dogs
LC Soymilk
Ricotta Cheese
Cheddar cheese
Lots of LC dressings

Obviously I dont have any veggies since I cant go to the store, any ideas to help me get rid of this stuff would be great! Thanks all!

Last edited by UrbanZero : Sat, Apr-09-05 at 20:16. Reason: Added some ingredients
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 20:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

How about with your lc tortillas you make up some breakfast burritos with the eggs, sausage, and some cheese, then freeze them individually and you can have them already made up so you dont end up running out to buy something. We make these when we are travelling to horse shows, I make regular for my husband and lc for me and it ends up saving my time and the 6 dollars they want for a burrito at the show and I know its lc since I made it. How bout with the turkey, chicken, and lc dressings make up a chef salad. That would be great. Whoops sorry I just read that you dont have any veggies, so you will have to roll the turkey, chicken, and dressing and eat it like a wrap without a wrap. Good luck, I know the feeling about not using what you have, its amazing how much stuff you can get and still keep buying. I have actually challenged myself this month to use up alot of stuff in our pantry and freezer, the only thing I can buy is fresh veggies and I have my little girl involved so she reminds me when we are at the store.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 21:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

How about
  • a casserole with the chorizo, pasta, ricotta and add some tomato sauce
  • muffins with the flax meal, soy milk, and soy protein
  • a batter with the baking mix, put the hot dogs on skewers, dip in batter and deep fry
  • make a "crust" in a pie pan with the beef. Prebake and fill with beaten egg and cheddar and bake again. If you have a creamy dressing like ranch, you could beat some of it in with the eggs
  • wraps with the deli turkey and tortillas
  • use the dressings for marinades
Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 14:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 73%

tortillas are a great staple on LC. You can wrap the tortillas with the hot dog, or any other of the meats. Quesadillas, similar to a grill cheese with a tortilla instead. I love to take ground flax with water,splenda,dash of vanilla and cream. Heat it for 1 1/2 min in the microwave. It's a great warm cereal for breakfast. You could use the soy milk in place of cream. I also read somewhere on this site that adding ground almonds to the cereal is great too.