Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 11:32

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Wink A funny thing happened on the way to the coffee aisle...

I was at United Grocer's Cash and Carry last week looking for great LC ideas. Cash & Carry is a huge restaurant and supply warehouse where anyone can come in and buy. Sorta' like Costco, but not as fun and not as cheap in most cases. Still, I really wanted new flavors of the SF syrups.

Bavarian Chocolate and Raspberry called out, "Annie, take me home, honey!" They also had B-52, Irish Creme, etc.

While I was there, a generously-sized woman approaced me and asked if I had tried the Tiramisu (she was not in the Sf section, I was). I told her no, and she said "you have just got to try Tiramisu. It is so good!" Then...looking around to make sure NO ONE could hear... she says in a low voice, "I shouldn't say this, but sometimes I (gasp) use half and half with it!"

What would you say? Probably what I did: "Really? That's all I use. I use real whip cream and half and half every day...I do Atkins!"

If the floor was padded, I'm sure this ill-informed woman would've hit it in a heartbeat. I felt sorry for her, buying the carbs and the sugared syrups, and thinking the fatty things were bad. She just walked away thinking I was nuts-o.

Just had to share that, and how funny, yet sad, public perception remains about the real McCoys (creams).

For the record: There is a new syrup I just met last week, called "Oscars". It is made with Splenda. 750ml costs $3.58 at C&C. The website says: www.oscarsyrup.com and www.stearns-lehman.com, made in Canada. You Canadians probably know all about it!

Hugs to you all this beautiful summer day! Annie-Pie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 11:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Hi Annie, I love Cash and Carry. When I was catering in the Seattle area it was a weekly stop, and now that they carry the DaVinci syrups I go there about once a month.

You live in the foothills of Mt. Ranier? Which area?
We're thinking of moving back up that way.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 11:47

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default Too funny

She thinks fat is the enemy when sugar really is!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 13:08

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Fat is fabulous. Sugar kills, y'all.

That new syrups sounds delish! I wish we had a Cash and Carry.