Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 14:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/165/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default just starting

hey everyone im just starting atkins today and was wondering what some typical foods everyone eats for each meal might be and any other info you think might be helpful to a beginner. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 14:37
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Hello and welcome!

Just check out the induction section of your book or go to the site:

http://atkinscenter.com

There will be a list of allowed induction foods.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 14:46

Plan: Atkins / Induction
Stats: 205/197/150
BF:I know its there..
Progress: 15%
Thumbs up Welcome to a new life!

Hi, I've done Atkins on and off for years, my problem is when i get my goal or close to it, I celebrate with food... Wrong thing to do. What I eat mostly is: HARD BOILED EGGS, SCRAMBLED, OMELETTS, EGG SALAD WITH MAYO & DIJON, SALAMI COOKED IN A PAN, PEPPERONI, ROAST BEEF WRAP WITH MAYO AND MOZERELLA, STEAK, AND WHEN I GO OUT I LOVE TO ORDER CHEESEBURGER WITH EXTRA CHEESE AND EXTRA BACON AND KEEP THE FIXINS, CUT IT ALL UP AND ASK FOR REAL MAYO ON THE SIDE, AND YUMMY 4 MY TUMMY!! I ALSO EAT PORK RINDS AND DIP THEM INTO SOUR CREAM, SALAMI WITH CREAM CHEESE IN THE MIDDLE AND MAKE LIKE A LITTLE TACO, ATKIN SHAKES IN THE CAN, LOVE THE CHOCOLATES ON ICE IN A GLASS ONLY... MY FAVORITE DESERRT I MADE UP FROM :} 1 TUB OF 80Z/160Z COOL WHIP, ADD 2-4 TBS OF PEANUT BUTTER, AND A PACKET OF BITTER BAKING CHOCOLATE MELTED AND MIX IT ALL TOGETHER, PLUS I BOUGHT SOME CARB FREE PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP AND ADD 3 TBS OF THAT AND WHIP IT TOGETHER AND PUT IT IN THE FREEZER.... WOW 3-4 SPOONS OF THAT CURBS TO SWEET TOOTH..

I hope those few tips help, good luck on your journey!!! Dont forget to drink a lot of water i drink 90 oz of h20 a day.. I donot drink caffeine only if its ice tea at a restuarant...decaf coffee with half and half with sugar free vanilla at Starbucks..

I get excited when new people start atkins, i am hardly hungry and i have lost 10 pounds in about 3 weeks.. good luck and God Speed..
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 15:53

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Minime, please check the ingredients on your Cool Whip. I was under the impression that Cool Whip was a no-no all throughout Atkins because there is sugar in it. Better to make your own whipped cream. Happy LCing!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 20:53

Question

How do I make homemade whipped cream?? Please tell me. I want to do this thing, so please reply. I absolutely love peanut butter anything! Any other ideas???

Thanks for letting me know that, I just got the Atkins for LIfe and haven't read much yet...

minime
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 05:32
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Buy the Heavy Whipping Cream in the milk section of your store and stick some in a blender or food processor with some splenda. You just have to be careful that you don't whip it too much or it can become like cheese.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 07:45

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Also minime, I don't know how much the Atkins for Life book will help you as it focuses on a lot of Pre-maintenance and Maintenance issues. If you don't want to get another book, borrow Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (DANDR) from your local library or read everything on the website: http://atkinscenter.com/index.html Happy LCing!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 10:30

Question How 2 Focus On Me & B Happy for U?

I am reading (DNDR) and have before. I was just excited to get my new book. You are exactly right, everything I need to know I found in Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution... Thanks for reminding me to take a peek at it.

I am at 193 lbs. and it has been since mother's day faithfully...I think I need to omit all the no carb candies and such. Any suggestions?? I am not consuming caffeinne, I am drinking 90 oz of water a day!! I am getting complacent I think, I am use to losing this weight much faster, and I don't want to quit. This time I want to do a woe not a diet, diets are going to kill me. I got to my highest on weight watchers, and I see my sister in law every wednesday coz' we bowl together, now she has lost 45 lbs since January, (we started that on the same day) So I try to compliment her and mean it, but how do I now compare the numbers and keep on track for my self this I do not know today??
Thanks Minime
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 10:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Exclamation

Things i eat:

brkfst: omelet with 2 eggs and maybe cheese or veggie filling

lunch: meat and veggies-either salad and veg or 2 kinds of veggies (I like variety) & s/f jello

dinner: same as lunch-in fact, I always take leftovers for lunch the next day. Also s/f jello

Today, I had a salead topped with last night's shrimp, with a few strawberries, as i'm now in pre-maintenance-yummy!!