Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-01, 18:11

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%
Talking

wooooo hooooooo!!!!!!...i'm doing sooooo much better now that i'm past the first 2 weeks!!!!!....

a word to the wise to anyone who starts low carbing---you're body is going through a "detox"---just like an addict!!!!!!....woah, for a few days there i thought i was gonna die.....I literally had the feeling i wanted to sleep all darned day and even had muscle aches!!!!

THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT I HAD GREAT PEOPLE IN THE FORUM HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH.... (read my "yawn..........." post)...IF YOU'RE NEW---TALK TO THEM!! ASK THEM LOTS OF QUESTIONS!! SUPPORT IS CRITICAL SINCE YOU GO THROUGH LIFESTYLE AND SYSTEMIC CHANGES!!!

don't even ask me if i've lost any weight...i have taught myself that (being a former bulimic) the scales don't mean ANYTHING.....weight is a total compilation of everything...remember that...as fat turns into muscle, weightwise you may not see much of a change---and for "scalewatchers" that could obviously be discouraging (and remember that muscle weighs MORE!!!). although sooner or later i'll be heading to the doctor's office to face the "beast"...lol

i'm ready for ANYTHING now!!!!....bring it on, baby!!!!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-01, 19:04
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Gosh, Sherry! I've been low-carbing for a loooong time, but your attitude inspires even moi!! Way to go!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-01, 07:25

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

For sure! What a great attitude, you made me smile the whole time I was reading your post. Now just print it out and the next time you feel discouraged then read it and remember what you have learned and how far you have came
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-01, 10:58
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool hey, a cheerleader

Well, I was really stiff and slow getting into the morning - bad fibro. flare from the crappy weather - and here's this sunny, perky rah-rah --- now I'm all fired up! This is terrific. Sher, you should be burning fat and calories just by enthusiasm alone .. ... You go girl!!!!

Happy lowcarbing

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-01, 12:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Alright Sher

I knew you would pull through. Good for you and what a great attitude....You go Girl!!!

Wendy