Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 16:59

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%
Default What time to eat?

Gotta question for all my LC friends. I have what may be a problem. So, I am hoping for some suggestions. I go to work at 10:00 AM and don't get off until 8:30 PM. So, I don't get to eat supper until around 9:00 PM. And, I am usually in bed by 11:00 PM. How is this going to affect me? I know most people say don't go to bed until 5 hours after your last meal.

The reason I have to eat so late is so I can eat supper with my wife. This is the only meal we get to eat together and really the only time we get to see eat other
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 17:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

That sounds like you'll be fine. I try to make sure I am awake for at least two hours after dinner before turning in. Good luck on starting Atkins Sunday!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 17:23

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Everybody to their own

Hi Rick,

Hey I don't want to rock the boat, but everybody is different, but I have read many articles on this subject, the main idea is that if you don't eat after your evening meal, then you cut out all those snacks that one tends to eat and your body burns fat as you sleep?. OK but people who do night shift, when do they eat? and shifts muck up the don't eat after 7 pm type rules.

I do eat later, most nights around 7.30 as my wife comes off day shift, then I will have a snack latter, and for weight loss? well ain't no slow up there!!

I read in Men's Health Magazine that this theory is a long standing myth, basically the body will burn up fat, in a gradual process over a long period, and when we decide to fuel it ain't no major concern as long as we eat breakfast and then never go longer than six hours.
Listen to your body, if your hungry eat an appropiate lowcarb snack even if you have to snack around 6pm to get you through to dinner time.

I would say don't worry about it, this way of life has to be worked around your life, not you work around it or your come a cropper.

Hope you have a great induction when it comes.

Last edited by thebigman : Thu, May-29-03 at 17:30.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 18:05

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

I agree with everyone else; don't worry about eating supper late. As long as you don't go without eating longer than 6 waking hours you should be fine. I sometimes don't eat supper until late myself & have lost just fine. I just make sure I snack if I'll be going more than 6 hours without a meal.
Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 18:25
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hiya Rick...

IMHO, 2 hours before bedtime is just fine! I don't see a problem.

I am guessing that you will be able to eat Breakfast at home...and have to pack your lunch to work? Make sure you bring some snacks with you...so you eat something every 3 hours or so. Keeps you "burning" and is working VERY well for me (7 pounds in 8 days).

I have my 3 meals...and my snacks in between....as at this point I can't eat a big meal anylonger anyway...so I make my regular meals smaller and munch the rest of my food inbetween.

GOOD LUCK on SUnday Rick...but I don't think you will need luck at all.

You have the right attitude...have been to your doctor (I did that too)...and you have done ALOT of research in preparation...

So...it WILL work GREAT for you!

Best to all;
Jake