Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/350/285 Male 6'3
BF:Alot of it =)
Progress: 0%
Default Quick Breakfast on the go for Atkins?

Hey all and good morning,

First of all, I hope everyone is doing good personally and also on Atkins.

I was thinking about things that are QUICK to make in the morning. I tend to wake up last minute and dont really have the time to make eggs and bacon in the morning as im always rushing. So I started thinking about maybe some QUICK items to make in the morning that would be great on Atkins.

So I was wondering, what is it you all out there that might be like me with no time in the morning (Or the others with all the time in the morning that wake up on time ) I was wondering if you all have come up with any good ideas for quick morning breakfast items that are working for you?

TIA,
Whiteice
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:56
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I usually don't eat much for breakfast. I hard boil eggs the night before and mash them with mayo and mustard for egg salad, or I'll just eat the boiled egg with some cheese.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 11:09

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I make something along the lines of a a quiche on the weekends...eggs, cheese, bacon or sausage some veggies maybe and some half and half or cream....bake it...when it cools cut it into slices and throw it in the fridge. Grab a piece or 2 in the morning and chuck it into the microwave. Usually a 9x13 pan lasts me a whole week and then some!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 11:18

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I do the same as Fireball. Usually though, I take 4 oz cheese cut into 4 pieces and dip in mayo. Hardboiled eggs too, however, I've been asked not to eat them at my desk because they are "stinky".

Vikki
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 11:29

Stats: 264.0/146/139 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball
I make something along the lines of a a quiche on the weekends...eggs, cheese, bacon or sausage some veggies maybe and some half and half or cream....bake it...when it cools cut it into slices and throw it in the fridge. Grab a piece or 2 in the morning and chuck it into the microwave. Usually a 9x13 pan lasts me a whole week and then some!

We are on the same planet. Every Saturday I spend about two hours in the kitchen preparing this 9/13 casserole, roasting a couple of whole fryers, cutting up cheese cubes, cutting up celery, and spooning out cream cheese. Then I place each portion on a pieve of saran wrap and put the packages in sealed bags in the refrigerator.

Every day when I get home from work, I refil my 64 ounce water bottle and get my little lunch bag and place a portion of the quiche, a chicken portion, cream cheese potion to go with my celery snack back in the bag and place it in the frige.

I am ready to go in the mornings!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 11:39

Plan: SBD
Stats: 200/191/180 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:watch it jiggle
Progress: 45%
Default Morning Minute

I like to have something warm in the morning -usually- and this is something new I just started making (although I bet its an old item in this group).

I take a slice of atkins bread, toast it and microwave a frozen sausage patty and two eggs. Then I pile them ontop of the bread and sometimes add a cheese slice. On mornings that I'm driving and have time I'll pull into mcdonalds and order the same thing and just toss out the bread. Its like 3 bucks.

Another new thing I've been making is Pork Rind pancakes, I get the mix together and refrigerate it. I fry it up later when I want it... but Im guessing that is probably too involved and time consuming for you.

Bacon tastes good even after beeing in the frige for a night or two. The Atkins muffins are ok...

Just some ideas. :-)
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 12:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 119/115/115 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Keto Oatmeal

I like the Apple Cinnamon Keto Oatmeal in the morning..
Also, eggs can easily be microwaved in a minute. I crack 2 eggs in a tupperware container, peirce the yolks (to avoid explsions!) and then microwave on high for about 1:20.. after you can eat them with salt and pepper, throw some cheese on and nuke for another few seconds or make egg salad with some mayo.

hope that helps!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 12:38
Registered Member

Stats: 171/104/103 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 99%

Egg Mockmuffins can be made in advance and heated in the microwave in the morning:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/breakfast102.html

And a mock danish is also a very quick and tasty:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/breakfast115.html

And if all else fails, there's always Ready Crisp bacon.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 13:06

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

Each weekend I make a large quiche with eggs,cream cheese,cheese,green onion and whatever meat I may have with bacon or sausage. It usually last all week and it's so easy to get ready in the mornings.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 13:28

Plan: adkins
Stats: 157.5/133.0/135 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 109%

if you are no longer in induction, the bars are not
bad for breakfast. Also you can get some low carb
bread and put cream cheese and lox, or maybe
some ham/cheese

sandy
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 13:31

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Flax o meal (doctored with some Splenda, cinnamon and butter) or whole wheat low carb tortilla spread with cream cheese and rolled up.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 15:31
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I make something along the lines of the mock mcmuffins. I just brown some sausage and spoon it into muffin tins (make sure you grease them first!), then top with a little cheese. Mix up some eggs in a bowl/pitcher/measuring cup, and pour over sausage. Top with more cheese, bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let them cool, and freeze them for quick reheating later.

You can grab one out of the fridge and heat it up in the microwave in like a minute. You could also add veggies or other kinds of meat; whatever you want, and it's easy to make a whole bunch at a time.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 15:59

Plan: Modified Atkin's
Stats: 169/141/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I would prefer to have eggs every morning, but alas, I am lazy and like to sleep.

So, things I've eaten for breakfast:

Atkin's Morning Start bars (I prefer Apple Crisp)
String Cheese
Peanuts
Atkin's Banana Nut Muffins w/LC Peanut Butter (make them on the weekend)
Morning Star "Sausage" patties
Cheese omelettes (on days when I get to work early enough to walk to the cafeteria)

hmmm...that's about it for me. Sometimes I don't eat breakfast at all (I know, it's bad). But I will just eat an early lunch then. I work 9-6, so I get thrown off a bit if my morning is super-busy.

~Kelly Deneen
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 16:58

Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

I love having french toast. I use an Atkins muffin, quickly defrost it in the microwave, let it soak up a whipped egg, then fry it in LOTS of butter. Drizzle with sf syrup. OMG it is soooo good. It could also be made the nite before and heated quickly in the a.m.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 18:46

Plan: not-so-strict Atkins
Stats: 130/126/110 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 20%

I take some low carb bread slices and put them in the oven at 200 and forget about them until they are way dried out. Then cut em up into strips and use them to dip into egg salad. I have some small containers, so I divy up a week's worth on the weekends and I'm set to go.