Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 10:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/170/160
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default I was Bad

Oh well, I did it. I fell off the wagon after being so good for so long.
Yesterday I weighed in at 170. I was thrilled and it is all thanks to all of you for your helpful hints and recipes.
Now on to the reason for my fall. Last night I went to a wonderful Italian Dinner Dance. Stayed well through the antipasto, mozzarella balls, roasted peppers, anchovies (Ugh I eliminated them) olives etc, and then a great big Caesar Salad with salami, procuitto and suppreseta. Next was homemade chicken soup with escarole, carrots, pasta and big chunks of chicken. Had a nice didh and eliminated the pasta and carrots and loaded it with grated romano cheese and black pepper Then the killer-Homemade Fusilli pasta with a wonderful marinara sauce. I could not resist it. It was so yummy. Started out with a spoonful and then proceeded to fill my dish. It was decadent and wonderful.
Then the main entree-I was very good with Filet mignon and Italian string beans which I put butter and romano cheese on.
Then came the spumoni which I passed on and then Italian pastries. I had half a miniature cannoli(and it was not worth the cheat) but then the spumoni was sitting there and did not even realize I had eaten it. I did drink about 8-8oz glasses of water and 2 cups black decaf. Danced about 5 fast dances and a couple of fox trots-but not enough to get rid of the extra 4 lbs I registered on the scale this morning. Took a herb green tea before bedtime and made the faux french toast with Atkins 0 carb pancake syrup and butter plus green tea for breakfast. Going back on the track but realize the pasta was worth it but also realize I cannot give in to those cravings after denying myself and seeing great results. Hope, as my mother often said, we learn by our mistakes.
Thanks for listening and I deserve any scoldings you dish out.
Pattie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 12:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hey Pattie,

Don't sweat it....we've all been there, done that, and learned about choices. Now you're back on track, wiser and more determined.

judy