Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/154/125 Female 5'0"
BF:never measured it
Progress: 59%
Default International Atkins

My husband and I are thinking about retiring to Mexico in a year or so...I'm wondering if any of you --especially forum members living abroad -- have found resources to purchase U.S. low carb products and have them successfully sent overseas. I suppose if I had to I could do without, but living LC is so much easier for me with Atkins chips, Ross chocolate, Atkins syrups, low carb sauces & other treats to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Any suggestions for online stores that will ship to Mexico? What has happened with customs & do you get charged a lot of duty? Do you even get the packages at all? Thanks for any hints you can provide!

jsandrock
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 23:02
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I am not sure about LC products specifically, but for packages in general it is best if they are sent via UPS or FedEx. I have family living in Belize and they have never received packages I sent via the US Post Office!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 20:10

Stats: 195/154/125 Female 5'0"
BF:never measured it
Progress: 59%
Default International Atkins

Thanks for that good hint! I guess we will just have to try when we get down there and see who will ship internationally. I guess it's one thing to put in the order and pay for it, and another to actually RECEIVE it!

Best,

jsandrock
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 23:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 279/175.9/176 Male 180cm
BF:39.6%/22%/18%
Progress: 100%

Hi,
I regularly have Atkins products (and any other company's products) shipped to Japan.
I use a company called Trend Target in Seattle, WA but I'm not sure if they only ship to Japan.
You can contact them a call on -
Tel: (206)575-7414
Fax: (206)575-6968

If not there are a number of similar forwarding companies that you could use. They give you your own address in the USA and you can have anything shipped there. They then use Fedex, DHL, etc. to ship it to you international address.

Simon.