Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 06:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default I was a little bad

Let's call it a controled splurg. After my play, I went out with the grrl friends and we just hung out and they had magaretias I had tequila and diet dr pepper (not nearly as tasty, but carb friendlier) only one. And there were also munchies. Had shrimp no cocktail sauce, dipped them in hot chinese mustard (sort of hinting at the slurge there) water chestnuts wrapped in bacon only had one or two of those. My contribution was my splurg. They are called cheese momas. Picture a short thinnish egg roll but inside is ground pork and cheese. It's rather yummy. So what ever carbs 5-10 wonton/eggrollie type noodles are. . .I 'et 'em. redawn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 07:18

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default An endulge, not a cheat

Sounds familiar! I had a tortilla at Chi-Chi's yesterday and I was saying it was a cheat. But then I started to think "not really". I had 1 tortilla, had planned to have it, and was satisfied with that. I don't really think that was a cheat, nor was yours. I am going to call it an endulge!

Good for you for controlling it! I think endulges like these actually help you learn how to do LC long-term. For me, it helps me to learn how to eat just 1 or 2 carby things without diving head first into a basket of bread and a monster dessert. We were able to have a few treats and head right back to the way we need to eat 95% of the time.

Good for you!

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 09:05

Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Let's call it a controled splurg.

Quote:
I don't really think that was a cheat, nor was yours. I am going to call it an endulge!

I love your attitudes Redawn & Amy!!

I absolutely agree that we need to learn how to do this... how to make choices that fit in with our lifestyle and WOE.

We had a cast party this weekend too and I chose a hot dog, 2 meatballs, some cheese, and salad with ranch dressing. Yes , I wanted the chips & brownies. No , I didn't feel deprived after eating what I chose because I was full!

hatetocook
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 10:33

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

but boy it does make the ceral look good and the bread smell heavenly. ~sigh~ only one week of cravings and they will go away again. I wonder if this will get like hang overs. . .the reason I no longer drink like I did at college. The pain later was not worth the brief bit of fun. So maybe the splurgs will have to be very fun to be worth the week of screaming cravings. Had some eggs and bacon for breakfast. Yum. redawn