Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 09:45

Plan: lo carb-HI FAT!:)
Stats: /2/!
BF:
Progress: 13%
Wink Do You Suffer From Mirepresented Self Esteem?

OK, TRUTHFULLY, I FEEL SO GOOD THAT I AM AFRAID I DO NOT SEE MY SELF REALISTICALLY. I FEEL LIKE I AM IN SUCH GOOD HEALTH THESE DAYS,( EATING RIGHT, EXERCISING ETC...)BUT THAT I DONT LOOK AS GOOD AS I FEEL! HAHAHA AM I MAKING SENSE? NOT STUCK UP , BUT THINKING , "YA., I LOOK AND FEEL PRETTY GOOD!" IT IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE A POSITIVE SELF ESTEEM, BUT I DO WANT TO BE REALISTIC. ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME? MAYBE I HAVE SPRING FEVER!

THANKS, JULIE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 09:54

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Spring fever it is!!!

Julie, I have waves of too much self-esteem followed quickly by doubts. I don't think it's unhealthy for you to feel good about yourself! When I'm eating right, exercising, etc. not only does my body feel fab, but I can look in the mirror and think: YEAH, hottie! Of course, that's usually followed by requests for affirmation: "I'm pretty, right honey? You should tell me I'm pretty."

Either way, there is no "realistic" way to look at yourself. Opinions vary. Some a-hole might think you look bad, but another person may agree wholeheartedly that you're a babe. Does it really matter? Nope. You look good, you feel good, you're in good shape!

Keep up the good attitude, it's infectious!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 10:13

Plan: lo carb-HI FAT!:)
Stats: /2/!
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking

Thanks Angela! I do think a healthy self esteem is very important. I burst out laughing when you commented " i look good, dont i honey?" That is exactly what i ask my dh!! and he always knows the "correct answer"!! Yep, today i'm lovin life!
LET THE SUNSHINE IN!!
Julie
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey Julie! There is so much more about us than a number on a scale or a clothing size. Haven't you seen some big people who looked great? Fit, confident, energetic and happy? Haven't you seen some size 4, hunched over, anemic looking, unhappy, small people? Being fit, healthy, and happy shows regardless of size. I'll bet you look terrific.

Cindy

PS: No disrespect meant to you size 4s out there. You look great too IF you are healthy, fit and happy!

Last edited by csj : Wed, Apr-02-03 at 11:59.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:09
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm reading these posts and I can't figure out what the problem is! If you feel great, you'll look great and everyone around you will pick up the vibe. Nothing wrong with dwelling on the fact that you are doing great things for yourself!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:34
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Ditto...

And just consider the alternative...
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 22:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Default i like it..

HI,

after i lift weights i always have this mental picture of myself looking like arnold schwartzeneger. at least a slightly plumper version. I don't care if it's acurate its my diluted self perception and i'm running with it. besides i think the most atractive thing about someone is there self confidence.

Jon