Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 22:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/180/170
BF:
Progress: 75%
Exclamation Atkins Fudge Brownies...

Holy moly... these things are GREAT!

My daughter and I made some today.. they are really easy to make too!

Although the directions call for only 2 eggs I recommend using 3, the mix was not smooth with just 2, 3 were perfect. Took about 5 minutes to get the mix together.. then 30 minutes bake time.

If you cant resist from eating more then 1 or 2 then dont get em... they are 5g net carbs per serving. 15 servings for a 8"x8" pans worth.

Anyways.. these things tasted JUST like regular brownies. I was afraid my daughter might not like them for I thought they might not be that good. Boy was I wrong.. she, and I, both love em.

Definately worth the try...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 00:15
Registered Member

Plan: general low carbs/atkins/
Stats: 167/152/139 Female 5'8''
BF:I'm/fat/again
Progress: 54%

where did you get the brownie mix?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 09:39
Registered Member

Stats: 213/165/160 Male 65 inches
BF:32%/16%/9%
Progress: 91%

Beware of the 8g sugar alcohols, making it a potential 13g per serving. Many people are sensitive to sugar alcohols.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 09:43

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

I have a box in the cupboard, but haven't made them yet, so thanks for letting me know when I do decide to make them they'll be good. You can find them at GNC, at least that's where I bought them. They're also available at many on-line sites, including E-Bay.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 22:35

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

I got my first box from GNC to see if I liked it. Then I got four more on sale from somewhere? Tried it on my non-LCing husband, sister, brother-in-law and parents with a scoop of ice cream for them, whipped cream for me. They gave it a thumbs up.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 18:50

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I really really really really really reaaly like these. So much so, I can't make them. 2 reasons:

1. I can not stop at one! Brownies have always been my weakness!

2. If I don't stop at one I have to stay home all day because of the sugar alcohols... strong laxitive effect.

However, if you have A LOT more control than I do, these are really good and make a great treat every now and then. My friend made these and she was able to wrap them up individually and put them in the freezer. I tried doing that as well the second time I made them but I repeated reasons number 1 and 2. Shame on me!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 21:06

Stats: 249/249/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I also loved these. But my husband, who is not on low-carb and who is a real chocoholic, took a bite, said it was great, and then about gagged because of the aftertaste.

Not me. Maybe I'm just so starved for sweets that I don't notice the aftertaste, but I didn't. I kept the pan out all week and just took a piece here and there. (Maybe that's the reason I didn't lose last week)

But if the sugar alcohols don't stall you, these are really good. I did have to cook them about twice as long as they said to. But the texture and flavor is great.

Jill
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 18:09

Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

These are really good. I gave some to some friends and didn't even tell them they were LC. They didn't seem to notice. I haven't seen the laxitive effects, but I usually only eat one, and mine are really thin because the only baking pan I had was larger than the suggested size.

My only problem with them is that it makes so many I can't eat them before they go bad. The last batch I made is sitting in the fridge. Hopefully that keeps them a bit longer.