Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211.5/200.5/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Unhappy HELP...Having a really bad day!!!

I am very depressed today, and having a pretty crappy day. I just went on a major binge!! And of course I feel awful now. I want to lose this weight so bad, yet I let my emotions get the best of me.

I know everyone has days like this, and I need to get right back on track. It is sooo hard. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I won't let things bother me as much.

I feel better confessing. I really like this thread, and checking in and seeing how everyone is doing. Hopefully the next message I post will be with great news.

Thanks Everyone.

Amy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:10

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Amy,

Don't worry...we've all "been there, done that". Have you read the thread "Self Sabotage. Wjy? How do you stop?"? I found it very helpful.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...30&pagenumber=1

Hang in there...you'll get there.

judy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:41

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%

Hi Amy. Don't worry it's okay.

I did the same thing last week- except it lasted 4 days!!

The important thing is that you look at this as an opportunity to change. Why did you overeat? Were you trying to avoid something? Was it an escape from life, or stress?
Really be honest with yourself and next time remind yourself that food IS NOT LOVE!!! (but we love you no matter what! )
Food is fuel for your body so next time your head says IM HUNGRY!! Stop and htink what is it that you really want?

Maybe you don't know what you want? Try going for a walk outside or reading a book or doing some yoga, or crying or screaming or talk to someone or paint your toenails or write to me in my journal or dance around to goofy 80's music in your living room or watch dramatic chick flicks or just sit and be quiet with yourself...there is a million things that you can do!!

Don't feel to bad, we've all done it. I hope you feel better soon!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:57

Stats: 211.5/200.5/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile

Thanks Judy & Kaela, for your words of encouragement. It really means alot and helps.

I did check out that link Judy, and it was pretty insightful.

I started a journal, but haven't really followed thru with it. I think I really need to write in it everyday and put down my feelings and what is going on.

Thanks again!!

Amy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:13
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Amy:

I don't know if you are like me but if you are an emotional eater I know how you feel about "crashing". I am one of those people who let everyone else control my eating. If people made me mad I ate. If they mad me sad I ate. Happy I ate....you get the picture. I finally decided a couple of monthes ago that the only person who was going to be in control of my eating was me. I have not had the slightest bit of sugar since and am down 19 pounds.
I have found that if I make a concious descision to control my emotions everything else seemed to fall into place. Don't get down on yourself. Pick yourself up,dust yourself off, and keep mucking through it.

neen