Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 11:18

Plan: Vegetarian - tried many
Stats: 130/130/115 Female 5' 3"
BF:24.72
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Don't lose even during inductions?!

Oy. I began my vegetarian (lacto-ovo) low carbing on new years day, and now, nearly 6 months later, I have lost a total of 1 lb. Obviously, this is rather depressing. I have tried Atkins, then South Beach, then most recently the Fat Flush Plan. None of these have worked for me, my clothes aren't feeling any loser and the scale is stuck in one place.
Although for the last 3 weeks I have not had any coffee or diet soft drink, yesterday I started back. Think I'll try to keep these at bay, but I need help to do so. I am avoiding all the atkins bars, etc and for the past 3 weeks i also hadn't had any of the low carb tortillas/bread but now I broke down and bought some. Of course after about a month of each diet I would have a breakdown period where for a day or two (or three :-( ) I would go back to crap food and feel awful, but I never put weight on during that period either. i am 5'3" and 130 lbs, I would love to get back down to 115, which considering my height is realistic. I was actually down there only about 2 years ago, but then my body suddenly slapped 25lbs on me in a matter of 6 months. I still don't know what caused that, I really hadn't changed my eating habits, I blamed it on stress (i was an exchange student in Australia for those 6 months and it started quite rough, though I loved it all so dearly).
I am in college/uni (whatever one might call it), during the school year I was exercising 3-5 days a week for at least 1/2 hr each time. Even with this I lost nothing. Now, the things I've been wondering about is a recent news report about the possible ill-effects soy can have on a persons health. A new theory I have heard is that soy products can actually lower ones metabolism, saw this on what I would believe to be a very reliable source, any one else heard such claims? i did some looking over the internet to see if there were websites on the issue and sure enough. Also, i have found that soy can increase a persons risk of breast cancer.
Anyway, I am just looking for any form of advice.
well, any ideas would be more than appreciated
thanks

during the induction phases on each of the diet plans i have tried I would follow them religiously. I also do register on the ketostix.

sorry if this has already been posted, i put it up, but then when i came back it wasn't on the list?
Sponsored Links