Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 07:39
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 211/201/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 15%
Angry NO Weight Loss In Two Weeks

Ok.... I was in ketosis all week... and not a budge on the scale for two weeks.... I did work out this week but that should help me lose. I have been on a slightly modified induction for four weeks.. meaning I have had a few atkins muffins this week and some macadamia nuts.. but I have remained well within my points. This is so frustrating. I have also been extremely tired this week and I do take a multi-vitamin.

Here is what I my food intake for a day is:

2 egg omlet
4 slices low sodium/no sugar bacon
swiss or cheddar cheese

coffee
w/half & half
splenda

Lunch
2 cups of lettuce
chicken breast
parmesean cheese
cesear dressing

Dinner
Steak, chicken, or chicken wing
1 cup brocolli w/butter and garlic
a small salad w/cucumbers, cheese, dressing (ranch or blue cheese)

2 diet rite soda's a day

I don't think I am over doing it.. but not sure. I want to get to 200 so bad... I am at 203 this morning.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 07:57

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Hi! Sorry you are stalled, don't give up. You just need to fine tune the plan. If I were you, I would give up the Diet Rite, and the Splenda in your coffee, for a week, and see if that is what is stalling you. That did it for me, I gave up all artificial sweeteners, and my weight is starting to drop, FINALLY! It is hard, but it can be done. Try Stevia, I plan on trying it, and alot of people find it to be an acceptable sweetener.

Good Luck, and hang in!

-Jess
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 08:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/112/107 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 90%
Smile

Liza:

Just a few thoughts:

Why are you using half and half instead of cream? I was told on this forum way back when I started to always use cream instead of half and half. I know it's low in carbs but cream has no carbs.

Another thought: You didn't mention water at all. Are you drinking enough water? 64 + ounces/day at least?

One last thought: Are you exercising? I know how difficult it can be especially when you're feeling tired but even 20 min. per day or every other to start will help.

I completely understand your frustration. I stalled for almost two months. I was drinking well over 64 ounces of water per day. Eating no more than 30-35 carbs per day and exercising 5 times per week!!! One thing I was doing at the time was having a glass of wine or low carb beer in the evenings. I cut that out completely as well as nightly low carb snacks. I did finally lose 2 pounds. I am thinking of completely cutting out aspartame now because of all I have read about it. I don't think that'll be too difficult for me to do.

Anyway, good luck and keep plugging away!

Kim
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 09:18
Registered Member

Hey Yank---

To answer your questions... I do exercise three times a week.. 30 minutes with the weight machines and 30 minutes on the elliptical.. I drink close to 90 ozs of water per day... When you say cream for coffee.... are you talking about whipping cream? I just frustrates me because I eat so much less than I use to....

Thanks for your support.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 09:29

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi Liza

Not to sound like a pain, just trying to help, but how many ounces of cheese do you think your daily intake adds up to.

I just know for me, little carbs or not, when I eat cheese I stall. Not sure why, I just do. The induction does take some fine tuning. And everyone stalls at one time or another and for different reasons too.

I say switch up one thing and see if it helps.

The last thing I wanted to go without was cheese.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 09:50

Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

How about your measurements? Are you losing inches? Muscles weigh twice as much as fat, so it could be that you're replacing your fat with muscles. Since you're working out regularly, it could be that you're replacing your fat with muscles. Try measuring yourself or trying on a smaller size to see if you're smaller. Also, some people stall when they eat stuff like Atkins muffins, bars, LC chocolates, etc. You may want to cut that out for a week and see if it makes any difference. In any case, I'm certain that your scale will start moving downward in time.

I was stalled for a week, and I upped my calories from 1350-1550 to over 2600 calories a day for the past 2 days, and lo and behold, I dropped 2 pounds! I'm going back to 1350-1550 starting today, but sometimes I think your body needs a jolt too.

You're doing great! Just hang in there girl!

#7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 09:51
Registered Member

Default Hi UA Girl

Hello,, Thanks for your input...

Well, I do eat cheese with every meal... But the cheese I am eating has less than 1 gram of carbs per oz.. an ounce is about 1 x 1.... I think I need to go to fit day and look at that site...not sure how many carbs I am eating... Thought it was under 20...

Tomorrow I will start writing it down so I can calculate.

I think I screwed up by using Jerk marinade that does have 2 grams of sugar.... and I made some atkins muffins.... just was really in the mood for different.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 10:18
Registered Member

Stats: 185/170/140
BF:
Progress: 33%

Another thing that I see may be your coffee. Doesn't caffeine sometimes stall people?

I agree with the fact that you are probably replacing fat with muscle! And that's a good thing!!!