Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 00:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/215/170
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default 8 days of Induction - Results

Well I started the Atkins diet on 2/9 weighing 235 and woke up this morning ~ 225 - a 10 lb loss!

When I started this diet I also had the week off of work and made sure I continued with my weight lifting regime and also started doing some treadmill and/or bicycling everyday.

I have continued to drink coffee (half-caff) and do indulge in Diet-Cokes. Pecans/Walnuts/Almonds get me going if I think I am hungry - just 5-10 at a time 2-3 times a day. I also put about 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries in a dish each day and eat them when they defrost. The first couple of days I kept the carb count below 5 but since then have aimed to keep them below about 10 but am not a real halk about it.

Haven't noticed ANY cravings after the first couple of days. As the days have gone by I don't even have the urge to eat at all but do so anyways. It's actually pretty scary not feeling hungry!

Hope this all continues on in the same fashion in the next few weeks/months!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 05:57

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%

That's great on the ten pounds lost

Just a note that going below 20 carbs won't make you lose any faster. Dr Aktins recommends at least the 20 a day and states there is no benefit as far as weight loss in going below that and you still need "good carbs" for your body to function the best. also you did great to lose 10 pounds cause nuts and berries aren't on induction foods but that shows you should be able to drop more weight pretty easy.

I went too low on carbs and made myself pretty sick for a few weeks. Wasn't doing it on purpose but remember you are looking for Effective Carb Count of at least 20 grams a day .Which is the total carbs minus the fiber . I wasn't subtracting the fiber at first so If I had 20 carbs and 5 grams of fiber I wasn't subtracting the 5 and I ended up feeling sick very soon.

Just wouldn't want to see you get sick

Keep up the good work
Debbie