Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 20:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/178.5/128
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default i would love a buddy

Hi everyone,

I started Atkins 2 1/2 weeks ago and my goal is to lose 50 lbs by christmas. Hope that is not too unrealistic. I am trying to stay motivated and try new foods...I would love to swap recipes and help keep each other motivated.
I desperatly need to get motivated to exercise more as well...I have 16 month old and feel as if i have no time.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 06:05
Registered Member

Stats: 150/130/115
BF:
Progress: 57%
Smile Hi,

I would be happy to be your buddy! I have a small one also, and I thought I would not have the will power to do this diet. But found in the past 3 three months, I am losing the weight, and feel the best I have in years. I think the support that you get from your buddies, and from this site is the best, and I really think that is what has helped me. If you need anything just let me know...
Have a great day!!

Tammy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:06

Stats: 179/179/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hi. I need a buddy to keep me going. My husband is also on the Atkins diet. The only meal we do together is dinner. I also have two boys ages 9 and 6 to feed every day. I noticed that we have similar goals. I started on Monday and got on the scale today. I am only down 2 pounds. I don't think I am eating enough food. I need to get to the grocery store and stock up. Also, I have had a horrible headache that started last night and still had it when I woke up this morning. It's killing me. I don't think it could be the caffeine withdrawal this late.

bballmom
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/128/120 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi !! I also have 3 children 19 months 5 years and 8 years, I get on here when they are in school and taking naps I think I am addicted to these boards, I was afraid to post for a long time but now realize its great, I feel like I know everyone and I can get in a little adult conversation heehee.