Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 17:53

Plan: low carb
Stats: 136.6/129.4/119 Female 4 11
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default anyone watch Oprah yesterday?

She had Bob Greene on and they were talking about how she has lost her recent weight (30+ pounds). just wondering what everyone else thought about the show.

she is cutting out her carbs
she is eating larger meals at breakfast
and the biggee - SHE IS NOT EATING AFTER 7:30 p.m.
(I always thought it didn't matter how late you ate??)
she is doing strength training
she cut out alcohol

anyone else get anything out of the show?

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 20:07

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

The points she made on her show were all pretty reasonable and sound in my opinion BUT her After Show show on the Oxygen network was something else ( bad !) One of the gems out of her trainer's ( Bob Greene) mouth was that Ketosis was bad for brain and you couldn't effectively exercise. He even went so far as to say that Atkins appeals to folks that DON'T LIKE TO EXERCISE ! OY VEY IS MIR !!!

Manuela
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 21:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/150/120
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default Oprah

I thought the Oprah show was good due to the fact that she talked a lot about emotional eating (and that many many people are overweight because we eat for the wrong reasons -- not hunger). I don't know what Bob Greene's qualifications are so I don't know how sound his advice is, truth be told.

Oh, another thing Oprah emphasized is that each person should customize a plan that fits THEM. It might be one thing from here another from there another from there -- what's important is that it works for you. This point can be good and bad -- following a plan sure does make things simpler but it's easy to flip flop around and not stay consistent.

I do think it's good that Oprah is talking about our weight problems in America. She has such influence and brings things to the forefront so quickly.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 02:26

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
each person should customize a plan that fits THEM

I think that's what a most of the people on here are doing.....Just check the profiles! I take the exercise recomendations from BFL, the protein and carb levels from Protein Power and the induction foods, order of increasing carbs from Atkins. If you don't like your plan you're not as likely to stick with it.