Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 17:07

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Question Green beans?

Ok, we're going out to Dave & Buster's tonight and I'm trying to plan my menu before I go. I d/l their menu from their website. I'm looking at having either the chicken or the steak. However, the sides are throwing me off a bit. Looks like the only thing close that I could have is the sauteed green beans. I'm just not sure if I can have those. I can't find them on the carbcounter list I printed out from the Atkins site, and the Carb counter on here I can't find a definite description (there is a lot of "beans, snap, green, canned" as descriptions) which is a bit confusing. Plus, I don't think I'm supposed to have legumes - but I'm not really sure what legumes are?

This will be my first "going-out" after starting Atkins, so I don't wanna blow it!

Thanks for any help you can give!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/202/160
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Jamie:

The meat will be fine - Make sure it doesn't have any coating or is breaded. Don't use gravy or sauces - they might have flour. Legumes are usually peanuts (which is actually not a nut) You should leave those alone on induction.

When I go out I go for the green salad (no croutons) with ranch dressing and a large steak. I'm so full I don't even miss the side dish!

Katie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 18:22

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Green beans are just fine for induction. They have roughly 2-3 grams of carb for 1/2 cup. The types of beans that you need to avoid are things like navy beans, northern beans, kidney beans and pinto beans; very high in carbs for all of them.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 18:28

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Thumbs up

Well kewl beans!!!! hehe sorry, I couldn't resist!