Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 18:36

Plan: regular low carb with excersise
Stats: 315/315/195
BF:goal 10%
Progress: 0%
Default Low Carb And Nitro Tech

each serving of nitro-tech contains 3 grams of carbs and 20 of protein
my question
can you still loose fat and build muscle if you taking all this protein from nitro tech and low carb foods?
and how long you need to go to the gym
each day to get a better shape in short period of time
do you guys recomend nitro tech with hydroxycut
or just hydroxycut
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:34

Plan: Body Rx
Stats: 380/225/200
BF:
Progress: 86%

You can only gain muscle and lose body fat during the first 4 months or so of training. Unless you did training before and stopped for a while, your body will then gain back the muscle quickly(muscle memory). Some authors believe that it is possible to gain muscle and lose fat( read Body Rx and a few other books I cant remember), but I feel its more efficient to either choose to lose fat (below matainence) or gain muscle (above matainence).
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:44

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

the shake I use, EAS low carb, has F/C/P 4/2/15. On days I do weights I add 4 oz of egg beaters which adds 0/2/12. Every day I eat a protein, at least, with each of 4-5 meals. I average just over 100g Protein/day.

I had trouble on induction exercising...I think at that point the carbs were a bit low. I use Atkins with Protein Power and BFL for the weights. I've been doing cardio, 30 min 3X/week and weights (currently only 1 set for each body part...recuperating), takes about 30 min, 3X/week (Normal routine takes 45-50min).

I've lost inches (down 2 sizes) and lost 44 pounds (gained back 6 over theholiday). I've also greatly improved my strength and endurance.

So...yea, I guess it can be done! Well....low carb can be.

Personally, I won't try any of the supplements out there that are formulated for specific reasons. A general meal replacement drink is all you need.

I do, however recomend the Body For Life program....for exercises anyway....they're low-cat high carb all the way....but do have a few lc products (EAS). BFL exercises are a great way to get in shape fairly quickly....if you push it. For this plan, the weight session takes around 45 min/day 3 times a week and cardio session takes 20 min/day 3 times a week. http://www.bodyforlife.com/

Good luck and welcome!

Cindy