Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 00:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Fish Oils and Depression

~~

My son is bipolar, so everything that I read about the disorder catches my eye. I found the following very interesting and thought that I would share this article with all of you.

ANOTHER POSITIVE STUDY ON FISH OILS AND DEPRESSION

A daily supplement of omega-3 fatty acid--found in fish and fish oil--may help alleviate the symptoms of depression in patients who don't respond to standard antidepressant medications.

Researchers from the Swallownest Court Hospital in Sheffield, England found that depressed patients who received a daily dose of one gram of an omega-3 fatty acid for 12 weeks experienced a decrease in symptoms such as sadness, anxiety and sleeping problems.

All of the patients had tried other medications for depression before enrolling in this new study. Results were published in the October issue of the Archives of General Psychiatry.

Previous research suggested that the levels of omega-3 fatty acids in the brain are low in people suffering from depression, and that fish oil supplements can help alleviate the symptoms of a number of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and manic depression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fish Oil naturally contains the Omega-3 Fatty Acids, EPA and DHA. Omega-3 Fatty Acids help maintain heart and vascular health.

God Bless You and Good Luck with your LCing

Last edited by heyjude607 : Sun, Dec-08-02 at 00:33.
Sponsored Links