Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Kinda
Stats: 338/280/230
BF:
Progress: 54%
Red face I'm Wizzing Every 15 Minutes And Still Have Corpse Breath!

7 weeks on... 38lbs lost... drinking more than a gallon of water a day... and for the last two weeks I've been wizzing about every 15 minutes and wake up twice at night and wizz... but my breath still smells like a coprse 24/7... what's the deal...

iggy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 10:44

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%

He's really not joking.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 10:52
Registered Member

BF:

mickster is on the receiving end of both my inability to go shopping with her without asking 'where's the restroom" and being in close proximity to me... however corpse breath is effective for self defense...
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 11:05
Work In Progress

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 323/284/160 Female 5'3"
BF:Size: 26/24/12
Progress: 24%
Talking

LOL!!

Hello fellow Chicagoans!!!

I don't have any suggestions about your wizzing or corpse breath....this has really made me laugh.....sorry!! LOL!!

j2
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 11:13

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi jus2muchme

Well, there's sugar free gum - might give some relief but contains sugar alcohols so don't over do it. A traditional remedy is to chew some parsley.

When I worked in a pet shop we used to sell chlorophyl tablets for dogs' bad breath. I think you can also buy them for humans.

I think this is all caused because you are burning fat and producing ketones - so congratulations on the fat burning!

Robert
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 14:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Chicago reeks with bad breath...

Well, as awful as it is, be happy for the bad breath...

...it's a sure sign that things are going as they should be. It will lessen considerably over time.

I've just returned to a strict Induction after a brief fall from the wagon and I was so happy when I realized a few days ago that my breath was smelly again. Weird, I know, but I always looked upon it as a sign that I was burning fat.

Ever tried those disolving breath strip things? They help in a pinch.

As for whizzing, it is what it is. I sometimes pee 3 times a night. As I have to go downstairs to get to the bathroom, I consider each and every visit exercise!

P.S. Kudos on your progress thus far!

Donald (a Chicagoan)
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 14:37
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%
Cool LOL at your thread title...

I use listerine strips - no carbs and they work (you have to count each stick of gum as a carb or that would be my choice).
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 14:50

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi lkonzelman,

i've got some pretty acurate scales and I just weighted some little pillows of sugar free gum. 5 of then weigh 4 grams - so just under 1g each. Most of the weight is gum however so I don't think you need to worry too much about the carbs unless you eat several packets a day.

I didn't know what "wizz" meant until I read this thread. Isn't it wonderful what you learn on the internet

Robert.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 14:52
The evolution of me

BF:

Oh... I had read somewhere (can't remember where now but) that they counted as one like a packet of sweetner or a diet soda would.

Maybe i'll get up the courage to have some gum now.

Thanks Robert.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 15:42

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Default poor pissing chicago people

AW, I'm sorry you're peeing all the time. Maybe a bedpan? A catheder?

P.S. I'm a transplanted Chicago-an. Lived in Lincoln Park my whole life.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 21:05

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

I promised myself that the next time someone posted about bad breath I'd mention this....I've noticed that meat tends to stick between the teeth more than other foods, so I now try to floss after each meal. If it stays stuck there, it can smell really nasty. My dentist will not be thanking Dr. Atkins (unless he is genuinely more concerned about his patients than his Porche!)

Tami
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 21:26
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

i have not tried chlorophyl... but i use gum and the listerine strips... and some would say im addicted to floss...

i guess i will just have to live with it...

anyway... micki usually takes the train to work... but today i had to pick her up downtown... so i stop drinking 1 hour before leaving and wizzed right before leaving...

30 minutes into it i had to wizz... i arrived at madison and wacker after another 30 minutes... holding it like moe on the schnide...

i picked micki up and had to pull over and wizz right there on the street... that is the problem... i can handle my breath smelling like a steaming pile... having to wizz in hostile environments is going to get me a date with the man...
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 07:47
Run Spot, run!

Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Default I second Robert's chlorophyll suggestion

I've been taking chlorophyll tablets (2 capsules 2 times a day) and I've noticed an improvement in my overall body/breath odor. Never having had much of an odor, it has been a major concern to me and no matter how much water I drank it didn't help. My breath stinks, my pee stinks and my arm pits are very musky - even with a switch to highpowered deodorant. I might be getting thinner and sexier, but the stink factor was going to ruin it! I do use the Listerine or eclipse strips as a quick fix after meals when I can't brush. One caveat about the chlorophyll - how to be delicate here? - it turns your "poop" (I have a 2 yr old ) bright green! As for the wizzing - I've noticed that the longer I LC the less frequently I have to pee... it seems like your body adjusts to everything; I still drink about 4 liters a day, but I can go about 1 hour between bathroom visits (just a few weeks ago, I was lucky to make it 15 minutes) Hope this helps!

Also, Lisa - you are right, I think it says in DANDR that each stick of gum has to count as 1g of carbs - I think that is probably because of the US fudge factor where it can be .6g and still listed as 0g.

Robert, I don't understand the value of weighing the gum to determine the carbs...
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 08:24
The evolution of me

BF:

Lisa -

Just wondering - does chlorophyll have any other health positives or negatives that I should know about. I always hesitate adding new things to my body that I don't know that much about.

And i'm glad I didn't get a chance to purchase any SF gum last night...

Thanks muchly.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 09:13
Run Spot, run!

Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Default more on chlorophyll

Try this website www.innermint.com. It is a product site for chlorophyll tablets- they even suggest you could abandon the use of chemical/salt/aluminum deodorants (but I doubt I'll be going that au natural!)

Lisa, I would think that chlorophyll is perfectly safe - it exists in every green leafy veggie, however it is probably not eaten in a quantity as high as 100mg in any given day.

FYI: I don't use the innermint brand specifically, but their site seemed to give info on the hows and whys and upon what odors chlorophyll has shown to be effective. My pills are the same chemical compound but just a lesser amount of it.