Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/164/150
BF:not in right place
Progress: 42%
Default Atkins Bake Mix

Can anyone give me a Canadian substitute? I see lots of recipes but the American exchange to buy any Atkins products puts it way over the top in terms of cost for these things. Or can anyone give me a place in Canada that will ship this stuff at a reasonable price?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Well, hi there, Celry. As a you are new member, can I suggest you check the LowCarb Yellow Pages (see the quick links over to the right?) for possible stores that have been submitted by our members... might want to submit that Calgary store there, too, it's how we keep our shared info in an easily findable format.

You might want to check the Readers' Recipes webpage and the LowCarb Kitchen Forum for those recipes, they have been member tested and are quite affordable, the products used in them are readily available in health food stores and grocery store bulk bins. There are tips about the ingredients themselves in the Kitchen forum, so you've got some entertaining learning and reading to do here.

As you are an Easterner, too, you might want to check out the http://www.lowcarbfooddepot.com, I believe they carry Atkins' and that will keep the shipping down being within the Eastern postal zone (Toronto, that is).

For western retailers that both ship/mail-order and carry Atkins, I know of the Lifestyle FoodMarkets (a comprehensive supermarket style health food store) here in Victoria BC. http://www.lifestylemarkets.com

Hope that's some help.

PS: there are MANY posts right here in the Products forum about the Atkins Bake Mix and others, this Canadian website and Forums have been running for over 2 years and the Atkins products were among the first out and available (if a bit scattered) in Canada, you might want to try out the SEARCH feature both here in Products and in the Kitchen forums... the little globe on the upper right of your screen...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 13:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%

Judi is almost correct (thanks). lowcarbfooddepot.com is selling bake mix - Carbsense at $14 CND. The Atkins was much more expensive and the Carbsense are excellent products.

Regards

Stephanie