Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Gut Health, Candida & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 20:01

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Talking I think the worst is over!!

Hi! Well, let me start off by saying that, up until I started a low carb plan, I never knew about yeast overgrowth. But, boy, do I know now!! I started Atkins on December 26, and by the 28th, I thought I was going to croak! I was weak, dizzy, nauseaus, and really crabby!! After four days of that, I was ready to quit, but I did some research, and decided it had to be yeast. I went out and bought a yeast "killer" and that made my symptoms even worse! But finally, after 2 1/2 weeks, I finally feel better! I haven't lost much weight yet, but I am so glad I am getting this gross stuff out of my body. YUCK!!! I am so glad to know I am not alone in this battle, and I enjoy reading all your posts and helpful tips.

-Jess
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 11:06

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 122/118/114
BF:28
Progress: 50%

Can you share with us what supplements you took to kill your candida?

Thanks,

tmo
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 14:04

Default yeast supplements

Hi! Sorry I should have mentioned what I am taking - it is by
Solray, and is called Yeast-Cleanse. I also am taking a probiotic, but don't take the probiotic (basically good bacteria) with the yeast killer, I was told they counteract each other. I take the yeast-cleanse at night, as it made me feel pretty bad. Then I take the probiotic in the morning with my other vitamins. By the way, the Yeast-Cleanse by Solray contains caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract, pau d arco, and tea tree oil.

Good Luck!

-Jess
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 01:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/175/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

Jess-
Had you lost any weight prior to finding out about your yeast overgrowth? I have been on Atkins for 17 days and no weight or inches lost! I feel okay a little more entergetic but I am usually in a foul mood. I am wondering if this Yest thing could be my problem too!
Any help!
Thanks
ssguzman
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 09:46

Default to ssguzman

No, I wasnt' losing any weight, which was very disheartening. Then I went back to the Atkins book, and read the chapter about what could be stalling your weight loss, and he talks a great deal about yeast. If you have the book, please read that chapter, if you don't have the book, go to www.atkinscenter.com and do a search for "yeast". There is a ton of info. Once I did some reading, it was very obvious to me that this is what was wrong. Especially since I have allergies to mold, I guess allergies to mold and problems with yeast go hand in hand. It is very possible that this could be what is preventing your weight loss. But you will have to do some research. You also could have a thyroid problem, and Atkins center has alot of info on that, too. Of course, there could be other reasons, but I am assuming that you are following the plan correctly. If you read up and decide that the yeast is your problem, let me know. I can point you in the direction to get help. Also, there are alot of nice people in this forum with alot of great info that will help you, too. Just don't give up! This way of life is healthier for you, and you will feel better! Incidently, I am afraid to weigh myself, so I am not sure how much I have lost, but my pants are getting baggy!! Yay!

Good luck and let us know what is happening!

-Jess