Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 18:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/275.5/186
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default induction phase

I have only been doing the induction phase about 6 days. I have to weigh in on wed morn. I am trying to not eat no more then 20 carbs a day. I don't have the time to make anything in the morn. I need more fat in my diet .But how without carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 13:30
Work In Progress

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 323/284/160 Female 5'3"
BF:Size: 26/24/12
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up

Hi Mentalone!

I am a very busy person, so the mornings are always rush, rush. I have two options that helps me keep up with my breakfasts, which I consider to be my most important meal:

1. I take eggs (sometimes eggbeaters) and microwavable bacon to work with me and prepare them in the microwave. (Eggs are pretty good in the microwave, especially with a little cheese in them.)

2. I stop at a local restaurant and order my eggs and bacon on my way to the office.

I hope this helps. I am always looking for shortcuts. I never have time to prepare lengthy meals.

#3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 14:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Breakfast

Hi Mentalone,

We make our breakfast and lunch meals in the evening. We put the meals in tupperware and store in fridge. A minute or two in the microwave and you have a meal. The tupperware (or whatever) with dividers work great.

We've found this and variety makes breakfast and lunch something to look forward to. I'm eating taco pizza (Donald's recipe) with sour cream and salsa as I write this.

BrewWa
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 20:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 365/-/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

I put bacon in the microwave for 4-5 minutes while I'm doing something else. Tastes good and is fast. Be sure to watch it the first time or two to make sure it doesn't get burnt. Another idea is boil up a batch of eggs and keep them in the fridge to grab as you walk out the door. Good luck!! Ellen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 00:22

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Good suggestions...

Planning ahead has been a key ingredient for my success in this WOL...at least in the beginning!

Some people cook ahead and reheat. Some use portable foods...cheese sticks, HB eggs, chicken breast, left over steak..hey nobody ever said you gotta have eggs for BF! But there is truely no question that skipping a meal is not a great idea. There are Hot Cereals that are fast...like flax-0-meal and after induction the muffins are a fast to go item that I make ahead or buy (Cheaters brand), freeze and nuke in the am...45 seconds a HB egg and cheese stick and I'm out the door in a flash. My other fav is the protein shake to go!

Check out the breakfast thread here for other great ideas like the mock danish...mmmKaren's super cooking ideas! and let us know what you tried that is working for you.

Beth
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 13:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Prepare yourself...

Most of us are rushed in the mornings, but there are ways to feed yourself well and still get to work on time...

I like to make quiche recipes for breakfast. Most varieties of quiche are easy to make, freeze well in single servings and re-heat very nicely in just a few minutes in the microwave. I like to make a large quiche on the weekend (for that matter, make two!) and cut and freeze. About 3 minutes in the micro and I'm good for breakfast.

I also include really tasty ingrediants in mine, such as sausage or bacon and spinach or broccoli. And don't forget the cheese!

After Induction, you might like to add an Atkins muffin (I eat half a muffin with butter). Again, make a batch, freeze them, and pop one out to thaw in the fridge the night before you want to eat it.

With a little planning, being prepared for a quick morning bite is a a breeze.

Donald

P.S. Beaten eggs cook very nicely in the microwave too. Add some cheeze for the last minute or so. Crumbled bacon, too. You get the idea....

Last edited by DWRolfe : Thu, Nov-14-02 at 16:01.