Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 16:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/275.5/170
BF:
Progress: 7%
Cool Introduction another Newbie

Hi, I am really new to this; it is the very first chat room I have ever entered. But you all sound friendly so here goes. My name is Anna I'm a Granny of 5.5 grandchildren and want to see them grow up so I decided to lose this weight. Now I have tried Atkins before with my daughter and she lost 50 lbs. while (you guessed it) I gained 12 lbs. This made me nuts. So quit and tried weight watchers which worked for awhile and I have gained and lost the same 50 lbs. I said there is no hope for me. Then started reading some the Atkins infor on Insulin resistance and wonder is that me. Well to make the long story short I gave the fat fast a try. I dropped 12 lbs in two weeks so I began the induction phase and have gained back 6.5 lbs. feeling a little bit of discouragement here. I have thought about going back to the fat fast but it was hard the first time. If you think induction is hard believe me its a piece of cake compared to the fat fast. I now HATE cream cheese and Macadamia nuts. I am in ketosis. Does anyone have any ideas how to start dropping the weight again. OH yes I excerise daily 5 days a week on a tony little gazelle. Thanks for any help and God Bless. Anna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 17:24

Plan: zone
Stats: 190/174/130
BF:
Progress: 27%
Smile

Dear Anna,
I am new to this forum also and I think it will be a wonderful support. I started Zone Diet (delivery) Wednesday, 3 days ago. We will all muddle through this together. I remember trying Adkins a while back and don't remember sticking to it for more than a few days, so I wish you luck. I suppose with determination, many of the diets can help us get to our goals.

C.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 19:13
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%
Default Hi Anna

First of all I want to say hi and welcome
Hang in there, the weight will come down. Just don't weigh yourself every day and perhaps start taking measurement...sometimes you lose inches and it does not reflect on the scale. I wish you luck,

Mischa
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 07:08

BF:
Smile

Hi Mischa,

how did you know that I am addicted to the scale, it is a morning ritual with me. I will try the measuring idea and try to stay off of the scale. Thanks for the help and God Bless.

Anna
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 07:11

BF:
Smile

Hi C,

I think it is always hard to diet and be a newbie. I agree there is a lot of support here as I read the the threads of those who have gone before us. Good Luck to you also. God Bless.

Anna