Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 19:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201/191/135
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default TOM---What to expect?

wow, what a day I had today.

I'm about 4 days away from my TOM, my first TOM since starting Atkins on 9/15. I was light headed, VERY LOW ENERGY and nauseous off and on all day. I didn't eat much, either....just was not hungry. Had my carbs at lunch....salad w/turkey breast.

Tonight, I have no appetite. I wonder if this is normal for TOM?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 07:36
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I only experienced one TOM so far and it was my second week when I was just over detoxing but my experience was very different.

My girlfriend who was on the diet warned me to have food on hand so I did... I was very hungry. But I ate much less than usual did because I was prepared with food in the fridge. My cramps (sorry guys) were also more difficult than before but as I said first one so I am interested to see next month. But other than that I feel great with this WOE so...

Hope next month is easier for you.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 08:58

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello!
Welcome to the wonderful world of TOM

I have been LCing for 4 months this coming Sunday. TOM is here with me too right now.

The first 2 months, my period came 1 week early. I am on birth control and was VERY regular before that. I had bad cramps, was very tired, and had headaches. I was also naucious. I also had a pretty heavy period the first 2 months.

The third month, TOM came on time. It was very light and didnt have the symptoms.

This time that TOM is here, I could tell he was coming. I felt very weak and tired and had some bad cramps a day before. My period is "regular" again and came when expected and is lighter.

I am not sure why that happens. However, I know that meat has estrogen in it. THe way the menstrual cycle works is by hormone levels so many the initial fact that we eat more protein makes it off for a few months.

You will recover and things will be back to noraml-it takes a few cycles.

Good luck!
Vicki