Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Gut Health, Candida & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 09:22
Pending Member

Plan: Anti-Candida
Stats: 152/150/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Epstein-Barr virus connection to yeast

I was reading the Sunday paper and it interviewed a marathon runner who said she was questioning her energy level due to a low-carbohydrate diet. She said she was on a low carb diet because she had a virus "Epstein Barr" which caused an overgrowth of yeast in her body.

Well. . . I went did a Google search on Epstein Barr and got about 65,000 hits. Not having time to wade through all this info (good info versus junk) I was wondering if anyone else here has any info on this or if anyone has been diagnosed with this.

thanks

LBG
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 10:41

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

All I know is that it is what causes... is one in the same as... Mono. or as we call it on this side of the puddle, Glandular fever.
Doods.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 03:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/292/160
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hello there,
I'm new here so...hello,hi,Dia dhuit,bienvenu...etc etc
This Epstein_Barr virus has really caught my eye.It's a nasty little devil.....drs reckon it was EBV that caused my son's Hodgkins disease.. .and it causes a host of other things including mono.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 12:11

Plan: schwarzbein/ hellers low carb
Stats: 150/142/119
BF:
Progress: 26%

what I know through years of having ME/cfs is that there is a link between low immunity/stress/viral infections and overuse of antibiotics with candida! Every time I have to have antibiotics (which I use only in the case of extreme infections) I automatically get intestinal candida............infact my doctor asks me now if I want antifungls when she gives me antibiotics.
I take sporonox which helps immensely but only for a short time as it can have a toxic effect on the liver if used for too long.

I recently (since LC'bing) have been using dairy and cheese which seem to have caused some candida symptoms.........fuzzy head/headache, brain fog, bloating and gas to name but a few symptoms, hence, have decided to omit dairy for a while to see what happens.

Liberty x