Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-22-01, 12:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Discouraged!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have been doing Atkins since April 23rd. As of last week I was 15 lbs down and so excited. I posted last week that I had cheated, but I planned to go back on induction right away and I did. That only lasted a few days

I moved this weekend and it was awful. Sunday I was so hungry and worn out that I cheated again. The O.D. of carbs made me feel so sick. I tried to start induction again yesterday (monday) and I did, but today I have already exceeded my limit of carbs and I haven't even had a meal yet!!! There is nothing around here to eat except salad and I already exceeded my carbs so salad is out. I have been falling asleep at my desk all day.

I just feel like I have lost that rush that I had. I was finally losing weight now I feel like I can't do it anymore. The empty refridgerator at home isn't helping. I haven't had a spare minute with all this moving and now searching through boxes for everything. I am so hungry right now that one of these fast food joints sounds so good.

I am sorry for the complaining but I want so badly to feel the way I did 2 weeks ago and I can't seem to get motivated again.

Thanks for listening.

Rosie

198/186/135
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-22-01, 13:17

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Smile SMILE ROSIE

You’re not alone! We are all here for you! And as far as the way you’re feeling...that is a carb thing. I do get of this diet every now and again. When it happens I find it affects me mentally. Kinda like a chem. imbalance or something. You are going to have to go and stock up on beef strips, pig skins with some cream cheese dip, sugar free Jell-O with whip cream or some chocolate mouse!! Freeze 1/2 of you water bottle so you ALWAYS have cold water on hand! Take it with you. Keep it on hand all the time. This is cheap stuff that you can keep on hand. And now that the fridge is empty...only stock it with what you can have. Don't look at this as a set back...in 3 days you'll be right on track again. ITS NOT THAT BAD! SMILE GIRL! Your ahead of the game...you just have to do MIND OVER MATTER! Do this for you! You deserve it! BE HEALTHY...BE HAPPY...BE PROUD! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
I'm on this board all day long! I check it every few min's...and I know a lot of other people do to! So fight it and we will help! go to the store on the way home and get the snack stuff. ANd this weekend cook up a bunch of stuff to have when you get home from work.

Here try these:

Chicken Fajitas
6 Boneless Chicken Breast 0carbs
1 bottle of Fabulous Fajitas Marinade 0 carbs
1 package of parade American cheese slices {lowest in carb, says 0 but…}
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. Depends but about 5
1 stick of real butter
Cut chicken in chunks or thin strips {chicken swells up more than normal.}
Heat butter and drop in chicken, brown. Pour in about ½ the bottle of fabulous fajitas marinade. Cover and turn down heat. Make sure to keep the meat stirred to it can soak into all sides.
When then marinade has soaked into the chicken well…remove cover turn up heat and cook down marinade.

Melt cheese in microwave with the diced tomatoes and green chilie’s.

Serve over salad or with low carb tortillas. Is really good with sautéed mushrooms and onions!
If you do the chicken in strips…its great to dip into the cheese mix.

Cream cheese dip
1 container of whipping cream
1 package of cream cheese soften
Bacon or thin sliced beef
Pork skins

Take mixer to the cream cheese and add a little whipping cream at a time. Then only thing we are doing is trying to get the cream cheese to a lighter smother…easier to apply consistence. When it feels about right to you…add crumbled bacon or thinly slice beef. Apply to the spice pork skins IS WONDERFUL!!! For more of a treat throw in some sautéed mushrooms and onions MMMMMMmmmmmmm!

REMEMBER HOW GOOD YOU FELT ON THIS DIET>>>KEEP REMEBERING THIS!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Lorraine
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-22-01, 13:23

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb

Here keep looking at this!!! THIS WILL MOTIVATE YOU!! i know it does me! I have a short cut to this page!
http://tinakaye.com/
SMILE SMILE HUG HUG!
Lorraine
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-22-01, 13:31
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Rosie,

I know exactly how you feel. From my experience, everytime I fall off the wagon, I have to toughen up and peresever for the 48 hours it takes me to get back into ketosis. Once I'm there, the cravings are gone, and it becomes easy and normal, and I'll gain back my motivation. What you describe is the normal, vicious cycle from carb loading, you have to break that cycle to get back to a stable way of life.

Wa'il

#5   ^
Old Tue, May-22-01, 13:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy moving .. YUK!

Ditto for what everyone else has said here. {{big hugs}}

I HATE moving. The stress, fatigue, exhaustion .. your whole world is turned upside-down, and worse ... it's all packed in boxes!! Bwaa-haaa-haaaaaa! .. .. Meantime, the rest of your life is supposed to carry on as if nothing happened --- work, school, family, etc, etc ....

You'll be ok. Those are terrific ideas posted above. It really does help to feel in control of the situation if you are prepared, like Lorraine states, have some fast lowcarb things in the fridge and ready to eat as is, or just nuke. And don't beat yourself up for not being able to stay perfectly on track during all this upheaval.

If fast food is going to tempt you ... then choose lowCARB fast food. Get a double-cheeseburger with bacon and mushrooms .. toss the buns in the garbage and eat with a knife and fork. Have a side salad, with Italian, Ranch or Ceasar dressing (these are lower carbs than French or Thousand Island) ... Or buy a whole grilled or rotisserie chicken --- eat what you want while it's hot and fresh, then the leftovers are great to grab later when cold. Those cheese strings are handy, or a small package of nuts or sunflower seeds.

Like Wa'il states ... 48 hours is all it takes to get yourself back in ketosis, and flush those excess carbs out of your system. It's the carbs and stress and exhaustion that's making you feel so crappy.

Take care, and keep us posted

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-24-01, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Thanks

Hi there...
I am going to take all of the wonderful advice you all have given me. I am still fighting awful cravings, but I do feel like I am back in control again. I am not sure what came over me, guess it was the carbs, but it really hit me hard and even depressed me. I won't give up. I'm just starting to be able to actually get dressed and feel good about myself, back tracking is not part of my plan. I did have carbs the night that I posted so I don't think I am in ketosis and I am all out of the stix.

I am so glad I found this board. Don't know what I would do without it.

Thanks again.

Rosie

198/184/135