Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 18:07

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%
Default acupuncture to stop smoking?

Has anyone tried this? Did it work? I have an appointment next Monday and I really think I'm gonna back out. The needles are a factor but mostly I just don't think it will work and I think that you have to believe it will work to make it work. (does that make sense?) And how will this effect my weight loss/metabolism?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/160/125
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default I tried it

Hi, I tried it 10 years ago.

It didn't work.
In fact it scared me - I couldn't see real well afterwards. Its not just needles they use electricity too. My eyes were shaking afterwords and had this funny zig/zag thru them for hours. It wasn't until after 10 hours later that I could walk around and see normal. That scared me so much I just started smoking right away so I don't really recommend it.

What I do recommend is the Quitnet.com site. I quit one year ago (See my post to Nikki Cravings thread in this section). I used Welbrutrin (which is like Zyban). That helped alot. I used it for the first 4 weeks, tapering off as I went. The Welbrutin is a pill that takes the edge off while you quit. The only side effect I had was I had trouble sleeping - it kept me at night. But it really helped.

Check out the Quitnet.com site - they are really helpful when quitting. I gained weight but I quit smoking - thats the good part. Now I'm here to lose that weight.
One thing at a time!

Malibu
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 13:56

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%

my friends went yesterday I didn't, I just think it's a mind thing and you have to believe in it, I don't. I want to quit, actually I don't I love smoking but I know I need to quit so I'm gonna give this new WOL a while to dink in and I'm gonaa get the patch or something.

As for the wellbutrin, forget it. I took that stuff and for 2 weeks I didn't sleep and then when I thought I was really loosing my mi9nd they gave me zyprexa to help me slep. Zyprexa is something they give schizophrenics to calm them down (I found out after i had been taking it too for a while) and it messed with my head soooo bad. And when i finally got off of them after many many horrible mood swings I had GAINED 30 lbs and still smoked!!!
Thanks for the reply anyway and when I get ready I'll head over to quitnet~Auntie