Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 00:00

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default I need a buddy!!!

I'm 153 with about 20 lbs to go. I've started and stopped more times than I care to admit, but this time is different. I need to be accountable to someone. If there is a thread you can suggest or if you would like to buddy up with me so we can support each other on this journey of health and weight-loss.

Last edited by arnie : Mon, Jul-01-02 at 14:33.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: Kaufman, Atkins
Stats: 142/130/110
BF:22% or so
Progress: 38%
Default chiro too

I've only put one other post on here so I'm not really familiar with the ins and outs of it all. I love reading everyone else's though! I am wondering if those at a lower weight, say under 150 have to modify their calories just about as much as with a low cal/fat diet to lose much. If so, that is still better than resorting to the former as the triglycerides, HDL's etc. benefit so much.

Anyway, Arnie--I went to Logan and graduated in April of '98. I was an older student and am currently 45. My main technique is activator and I also love and practice toftness and acupuncture. I had my own practice in Peoria for 3 years and recently moved back to St. Louis. I got my Missouri license recently.

Anyway, enough of me--what tri are you in? What techniques do you like etc.? Drs Brian Snyder, Bert Hanicke were favorites. Also, the one who was a "top gun" when he was younger and I can't think of his name at the moment.

Marjorie Goforth
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 19:15

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi,

It's nice to meet someone in the profession that I have chosen to pursue. I'll just be starting tri 1 in September. I've been completing pre-reqs up til now.

For people closer to their goal the process goes a lot slower. I don't think you have to watch your calories as much as being patient and watching the quality of food you eat. You know, high quality protein and nutrient packed vegetables.

I would like to ask you some questions about Logan and why you chose chiropractic.