Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 11:26

Plan: Atkins previously, switching to Schwarzbein
Stats: 209/204/146
BF:39
Progress: 8%
Default General Questions

Just some general questions:

1. Are there any diet sodas that don't have aspertame?

2. Has anyone tried the Protein Powder drink by Curves for Women? It has 7 grams of carbs, (when made with water) and lots of vitamins. 5 sugar grams. Can anyone recommend a protein powder drink that I can take for breakfast? (I hate eating early morning so I'm hoping this will work as a substitute>)

3. In the scheme of things, it is detrimental to eat chicken fingers? They are breaded, (zaxby's or Chic-Fil-A) It is such an easy thing for me to grab through a drive-thru because I'm in outside sales.

I really appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 11:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I can help with question number one ...take a minute to read through this thread....as for the rest of the questions will let other very capable and knowledgable folks take them on... Bonnie

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...?threadid=17172
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Only you can decide if it is within your daily carb limits!

Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Strips® (4 count) - 12 Carbs
Chick-fil-A® Nuggets (8 pack) - 12 Carbs

Chik-Fil-A Nutrion Guide
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 19:19

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Default Re: General Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Skauska
Just some general questions:

1. Are there any diet sodas that don't have aspertame?

Diet Rite Cola, it tastes like Diet Pepsi. No carbs, No cals, No caffene, and No Aspertame. AND theres other flavors besides Cola. You can get it at most supermarkets. Shaws dosen't carry it though Eck.

2. Has anyone tried the Protein Powder drink by Curves for Women?
Nope. But I drink a Protein Shake for breakfast and after a workout thats by GNC. 5grams of Carbs, made with water and 40grams of Protein.

3. In the scheme of things, it is detrimental to eat chicken fingers? They are breaded, (zaxby's or Chic-Fil-A) It is such an easy thing for me to grab through a drive-thru because I'm in outside sales.
Uh..I have no clue whatsoever what the word "detrimental" means lol But I think I still got the question.
It might be easier to grab them, but its not the best choice. I go to Mcdonalds and get a hamburger and eat the hamburger without the bun. Just as easy. Do you think you might be just saying its "easy' to convince yourself into being able to eat them? Hey losing weight will never be easy. If it was, magic fat blasting pills would work and everyone would be thin.

K hope that helps
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 20:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I find Diet Rite soda a bit too sweet if I drink it straight, so I cut it with some seltzer. I really like it that way.

Protein drinks can taste extra good if you add a little Diet Rite to them. It can double the volume and the Raspberry is especially good in the chocolate shakes.

As for the chicken fingers, I can find better things to do with my carbs.

Good luck,

Carol
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 21:04

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

I like Carb Solutions protein shakes (bottled), they only have 3 carbs each and it's all fiber, for a net count of zero. If you mix your own shake, I like the Carb Solutions powder best, too. Also, with 7 grams in one shake, plus 12 from your chicken strips, that means you have 1 carb left for the whole day if you're trying to stay under 20. EAS also makes shakes and powder that are pretty good (better than Atkins). I make a 3 scoop shake at home and load it with fiber, glutamine and oil or cream for extra fat. Strawberries or blueberries are nummy too if you have a blender handy.

My grocery store carries the Carb Solutions products, as does Wal-Mart. Costco has the bars but not the shakes. (Careful with the bars. They taste great but they stall me.)

Cheers!

Friday