Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 13:46

Plan: sommersizing
Stats: 175/175/160
BF:27%
Progress: 0%
Cool getting started

Hello Everyone,
I have started Sommersizing about 3 months and saw great results in the first couple weeks, however then my life became a bit more hectic and my conscience diet choices turned to fats and away from the gym.
I am trying to get back, but find that it is difficult to decide on a lunch entre, especially when I am at work and then having to make a quick dinner at home.. any quick suggestions?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 19:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello Zabcia, welcome!

Have you looked at the Quick Meals and Snacks subforum in the Kitchen:Low carb Recipes section?

I find it really helps to plan ahead. You can premake salads to have with ham, chicken, all sorts of cold meats. Don't forget to pack a full fat dressing or mayo to have with the salad.

You could also check the "Low carb Tips" on the orange bar at the top. There's a "Jazz up your Induction" section there that gives lots of good ideas as well.

HTH

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 03:16

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Zabcia and welcome to this forum.

I take my lunch to work every day. As Roz as suggested I take a salad, I make it up the night before. Usually it is either chicken or tuna mayonnaise. I wrap the chicken in cling film to keep it away from the salad until I want it and then put the mayo in a small container in the box to. You can have cheese, hard boiled eggs, various meats, pate, to add variety.

I also take my breakfast to work and have things like cold chicken wings, 100% beefburgers, sausages, cheese, etc.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 03:16

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Zabcia and welcome to this forum.

I take my lunch to work every day. As Roz as suggested I take a salad, I make it up the night before. Usually it is either chicken or tuna mayonnaise. I wrap the chicken in cling film to keep it away from the salad until I want it and then put the mayo in a small container in the box to. You can have cheese, hard boiled eggs, various meats, pate, to add variety.

I also take my breakfast to work and have things like cold chicken wings, 100% beefburgers, sausages, cheese, etc.

Every success with this way of life.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 11:26

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Greetings, Zabcia!

It's great to see you here. I don't have any real new suggestions that others have not posted, but the same old ideas: you can find good containers such as "rubbermaid" or I am sure that there are many others---and carry things like salads, tuna mayonaisse, egg mayonaisse, to work.

I always bring in a bottle of carbonated water to drink through the day and bring in something to eat. I have the luxury to have some work days that are briefer than those of some people and I have also brought in cheeses, nuts, all kinds of things to nibble on and then if I don't consume it all, I can just bring it back home.

Welcome to this excellent forum. I have had so many superb ideas and suggestions since coming here.
Natalie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 11:31

Plan: sommersizing
Stats: 175/175/160
BF:27%
Progress: 0%

Thank you for all of your support.
I am glad that I have found this forum and I am looking forward to changing my lifestyle for the better... hopefully my recipes can become inventive as the time passes by.