Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 14:09

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%
Default Combining Atkins & PP

I am really missing my fruit now that summer is here and the occasional glass or two of white wine - I just read the synopsis on PP and was wondering if I could incorporate Atkins & PP - has anyone done this - they both look very much the same except for the allowance of fruit (not all I know) and wine. I would love to have a 1/2 a grapefruit with my breakfast. I love this WOL and don't want to slip back to my old ways by eating fruit. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 08:46

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Exclamation Combining Atkins and Protein Power

As we get used to this way of life we all adapt it to suit our life style. We need to be happy on this WOL otherwise we will not make it that.

How many carbs are you eating these days? I assume it is around 30. There is no reason why you can not incorporate some fruit into your plan provided you keep control of the overall carb level. I sometimes have strawberries and cream as a treat. You will probably have read that the fruit should not be eaten in isolation, but combined with either protein or fat. This is to lower the glycemic index and thus prevent insulin spikes.

It is probably best just to change one thing at a time in your eating plan and see how this effects your weight loss. If the weight does decide to go in the wrong direction then you will need to look again at all the food you are eating to get a better balance.

Every success.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 09:25

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Thanks Little Ann - that's exactly what I'm going to do in a month or so. Someone also posted that they use real whipping cream, splenda & crushed strawberrys and freeze the lot for an icecream treat too. I'm back on induction as of yesterday, so I'm going to have to wait for any kinds of treats - I tended to get cocky and thought, I could up my carbs (having pickled beetroot with extra cheese for a snack, a whole jar of italian pickled mushrooms, etc.) without having to pay the piper - I now know if have to follow it properly. I was doing so well, then blowing it like I have makes me upset, but oh well, pick myself up as they say and get back at it.