Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 21:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/230/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Greetings...

from the Nations Capital!

I started the induction phase as of yesterday and having found myself engrossed in this site for the last couple of hours, I know I can't go wrong in joining up and becoming one of the gang. Afterall, we are all in pursuit of the same goal

I find my every thought to be of " I must have something sweet" LOL..I realize this is normal. I hope I survive this overwhelming urge to run down the hall(I'm at work)to the snack machine. I hear the M&M's calling out to me!

Holding out though, cuz I AM going down!

Wishing you all success!

Kimber
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 22:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Kimber,

Welcome to a great forum! And well done for joining - yes, you are now one of the gang!

I'm totally confused here - I wrote you a reply about 10 minutes ago - and it's not here! Guess I hit the wrong button - sorry about that. (Some expert, huh? )
Well, where was I? Of course this post won't be nearly as witty or intelligent as the one that disappeared into the ether but I'll do my best!

Your sweet cravings will disappear in time. In the meantime, try taking L-Glutamine (Dr A mentions it in his book - just check the index). That made a huge difference to me.
Most of us felt pretty yuck for the first few days of Induction. If you do, just hang in there, it will pass and you'll soon start to feel great.

Keep checking out all the good things this site has to offer. Don't miss the orange bar at the top of the page - especially "Low Carb Tips" - and also look (if you haven't already) at Karen's "Hot Links" in the Newbies Questions.

Good luck to you, baby nurse, I'm glad you've joined us.

Rosebud (grown-up's nurse)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 02:40

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Kimber

May I also extend a welcome to this forum. Glad you've joined the gang. This site contains lots of useful information and advice and the members can support you and motivate you to keep on the right track.

Every success.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 07:02
Registered Member

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 146/133/130
BF:
Progress: 81%
Smile Welcome

Hi Babynurse!

Welcome! Don't worry, those sugar cravings do subside. I thought I'd go crazy those first few days, all I could think about was cake cake cake! Hang in there!

#5   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 09:34

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

Hi babynurse!

Welcome.

Those cravings will go away. Chocolate was mine, I'd crave it so bad that even at midnight if there wasn't any around I go out and buy it!!!

Now, it may smell good, but I just don't want it...

something has changed in my head and it almost says ewwww

You are in the right place