Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 15:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/266/200 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Stalled/Gaining Six Months - Aaarrrghhh!

(thanks for the title idea Plum)

Hey folks.

Title says it all really.

I've upped my cals and water over the past fortnight to break through my stall.

Gained a pound in the first week.

Now gained two in the second week.

I'm a pound off where I was when I began pre-Induction 6 montha ago.

Menu :

4 frankfurters (2 with cheese ) - 1206 cals
6 slices of bacon - 536 cals
My Low Carb ice cream - 721 cals.
Cod in cheese sauce - 472 cals
10 BBQ Chicken Wings - 310 cals

Does anybody have any ideas?

My thoughts were to cut down on the cheese, maybe cut out a couple of slices of bacon. The BBQ wings are bought with the sauce already on. I believe it may have some sugar in it but I have budgeted the carbs (0.4 carbs per wing).

Basically I'm stuck. Tried high cal and low cal. Induction carbs and 30 carbs. High water, low water. I've cut out bacon and processed meats and put them back in.

Nothing seems to work. Even weights aren't doing much.

Anything you could throw my way would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 16:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi Atkid,

Just a thought....maybe there are a few more hidden carbs than you think eg cereal in the frankfurters, what's in the icecream.

You're right cheese can be a problem too.

Are you drinking loads of water?

My suggestion would be to go back to basics. By that I mean keep to simple and natural foods...your basic meat and vege type of approach and slowly add things back in to test ther effect.

From what you listed there are a few processed foods whcih could be causing a stall.

How are your measurements looking?

I'm not suggesting to go back to induction but change your make up of carbs so that they are pretty much all coming from veges...it might kick start you again.

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 17:02

Plan: Fat Flush Plan (Zone)
Stats: 249/133/115
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi Atkid,
I really do not know any other solution but to change the diet to a radically different plan, both in terms of macronutrients breakdown and in terms of calories. that is the only thing that helps me lose steadily. I haven't read your journal but I read about your struggles in Plum's journal and I feel for you. you are an extremely patient person, I am in awe at the strength of your spirit. a six months stall, my god! for me even one week is unbearable, makes me feel terribly lousy. I have never tweaked atkins diet myself, I was on induction for 2 months and then switched to the zone with good results, so I do not know what advice to give from within the ketogenic diet. but if you are willing to leave ketosis for the sake of weight loss, then I could give you some hints about how to proceed and what to look for, since I've spent more time on non-ketogenic low carb diets and have more experience with them. meanwhile, stay curious and strong as you are, eventually you will find something that works, no doubt about it.

hugs
Mila
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 03:41

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

oh Atkid, hugs to you.
first you deserve praise for getting this far. Its difficult to be strong when youre feeling this frustrated.
did you see my replies from razzle and Teridoodle ? sure you must've. nip to my journal.....Nat suggessted a reversal, and the link to Rachels is in my journal too.
I have had some success ( at last! at last!) with upping my protein, lowering fat a bit , and extra veg this week. In fact I think the extra protein has made a difference big time, to my mood, energy, everything.
Do you cook for yourself ? could we look up some recipes for you ? I do nice wings with no carb to speak of . and found another recipe site yesterday. put your fave foods in my journal and I'll have a look around.