Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 04:09

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Default haha Anyone else craving BUTTER?!?! lil weird!

Ever since I started using real butter instead of bumble and brown's yogurt/butter (my fav). I've been CRAVING IT!! Thats so ironic since I'm used to craving carbs lol. Ah well, atleast its a craving I CAN indulge in!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/212/160
BF:
Progress: 20%

I hear you! I love butter too. I found the best kind (Plugra) and buy it in really big blocks that only last a week. I eat it on all my veggies and if I am feeling a mite peckish then I get a small sliver and eat plain. Not eating carbs is worth being able to eat this fabulous butter. Now that my husband and I are LCing we have decided to indulge in the best of the foods that we can eat (well within reason... can't have filet mignon every meal) like great butter, expensive cheese (that way we don't overindulge on it) and quality seafood. Don't you just love this WOE?

H
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 09:26

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Bannshee...

I hear ya! I just picked up a pack of rib eye steaks to grill tonight for my DH and myself (the kids are getting hot dogs) because spring has finally decided to show itself here in Michigan and it's going to be a great day for a cookout! I've always refused to give up my butter even when I was following low fat. I LOVE it and would rather have nothing at all if I can't have butter. For our family of 4, we easily go through 2-3 lbs of butter in a week. Unfortunately, it's up to $3.50 a pound here, so it's putting a bit of a crunch on my food budget, but since I'm not buying all the junk food anymore, it's not too bad. I also stock up when I find it on sale and put it in the freezer until I need it.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 11:08
Registered Member

Stats: 225/196/135
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default UMMMMM Butter

I love melter butter, UMMMMMM good on almsot anything...try dipping your pork rinds in it....OHHHHH the heaven of Popcorn without all the carbs
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 13:08

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I have craved butter for years and years. I now believe that it was one of the ways that my body was trying to get me to eat RIGHT!! I used to sneak bites of cold butter...and now...it's not unusual for me to eat it like a slice of cheese. It's a great way to get calories and fat up too!

Enjoy.....and indulge!! Isn't this the BEST WOE?!

Marlaine
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 21:43

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%

I have to say I switched to Land o' Lakes unsalted whipped butter and I'm in heaven. Hubba Hubba Yummy I never knew what I was missing. It's just go yummy melted. Not sure if I could eat it like cheese but you never know LOL

I don't ever want that nasty maragrine stuff again--I think thats what will keep me LC'ing BUTTER I know thats the only way I can have it LOL

Sonja
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 00:23

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally posted by Soinwi
I have to say I switched to Land o' Lakes unsalted whipped butter and I'm in heaven. Hubba Hubba Yummy I never knew what I was missing. It's just go yummy melted. Not sure if I could eat it like cheese but you never know LOL

I don't ever want that nasty maragrine stuff again--I think thats what will keep me LC'ing BUTTER I know thats the only way I can have it LOL

Sonja

Yea thats what I use now too! I never liked that nasty margrine stuff either, the kind I was using was made with half yogurt..That I liked lol

I couldn't eat it like cheese though..haha but I used to sneak doing that when I was 2 LOL (guess kids do know whats good for em )

Jmey's right, its like popcorn without the carbs! I think half the time when people smell popcorn and then want it, its because of the BUTTER SMELL!!!!!

This is the best WOE, but I have to admit that I miss chocolate and icecream..lol