Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:47

Plan: beginner
Stats: 150/150/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default lose*n weight!

So like ok Im 147 lbs and i know atkins is a lifelong thing and im restarting atkins ive never made it past 2 days (HA) but this time im serious about it...how much would you say the average person loses in a 2 week period...i know weight lose shouldnt be quick if you want to keep it off in the long run but im just curious! thanks! And anyone with ideas on how to not eat carbs!! please help...like i said ive only made it up to 2 days! haha thanks~Care.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 23:41

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Do you have the book? Have you read the book? If not, then get and read the book? There is SO much more to LC than a few rules to follow - you need to educate yourself about LC and your body. This forum certainly helps, but it is no substitute.

As for you question about how much people lose on Induction, they vary all over the place.

One rule of thumb that seems to describe a lot of people is that you lose about 10% of what you need to lose sometime between the end of Induction and the end of the first month. In my case it was a bit past the end of the first month.

Using Dr. Atkins' table for estimating metabolic resistance from Induction results, someone with 20 pounds to lose will probably lose somewhere around 4 pounds.

Hope that helps.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 09:06

Plan: no plan /pregnancy
Stats: 166/&;&;&;/140
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default wbahn thanks

thanks for your reply under this topic wbahn. i have been so good, no cheats. i stayed on induction for the 2 weeks and since i have only around 20 lbs to lose went to oWL. i still hover around 20-25 carbs, i just added nuts for a nice change. i am losing inches. i have decided to only weigh on my start date of this woe each month. in between i will measure or do the 'jeans test".

i guess i mis read that in the book about people with only 20lbs to lose usually lose only 4 lbs during induction, cuz that is right about how much i lost. however, i have been only plan a month, as of march 16, still only about 6 lbs...but i guess it is better to lose it slowly, that way it will STAY OFF>

i have no problem with this woe. i don't feel deprived, i guess i just wish i could see results. i am just going to stick with it and let it happen.

i started taking the potassium pills and i don't feel tired like i did., i drink my water and i have been exercising regularly for the past days (should have been doing that all along).

this board encourages me so much and i learn so much from everyone.

thanks

GOOD luck to everyone.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 10:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/130 Female 62 inches
BF:not sure
Progress: 0%
Default easy on the carbs

swimchic71,

I am only on day four of induction and to be honest, I have a hard time getting close to 20 carbs. My problem was sugar. I needed something sweet to get me through. Now I have sugar free jello with the whipped heavy cream. I feel like I'm cheating but I'm not and it fills the sugar craving.

A nice big salad for lunch works out great. Lettuce 2 c, shredded cheese, roast beef, mushrooms and the dressing of my choice. There are alot of other veggies that you could use in your salad, also you could use chicken breast, ham, turkey, etc, etc. This seems to fill me up and I'm not hungry till dinner.

Another great thing that has helped is the great web site, www.fitday.com. You can look up foods for carb content before you eat them. You can also keep track of what you're eating everyday. The site is free to use and is keeping me on track.

Good luck to you!