Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 23:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/166/154
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Atkins vs Calorie Counting

My flatmate & I started Atkins a year or so ago, lost HEAPS of weight in a short amount of time, got complacent thinking we could drop weight like that whenever we wanted, and so drifted in & out of it - all the time putting the weight back on.

So 2 months ago we started again - seriously. Unfortunately she has lost nothing while I have lost about 11 pounds, with VERY hard work this time I might add - it only took 2 weeks to lose that the very first time. But anyway, inches are coming off.

So out of frustration my flatmate has given up and gone back to the calorie counting way of life - something I couldn't do again. For me it will be very interesting to see the results. It is good because it has given me incentive to prove to her that Atkins is the way to go. It can be a long term way of eating, not a diet as we were treating it.

Anyway, I can't wait to compare progress over the next few months. I hope she doesn't lose more that me! I will keep you posted.
Sponsored Links