Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 08:36
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Belly dancing

I have belly dance for over 10 years now have found it work gently but works the whole body. I wonder if anyone else have tried this as a way of exercise. Would love to hear from you.
Donna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 09:08

Stats: 212/204/180
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi,
Yes, I've bellydanced before... well you have to if you live in Arabia. It's the greatest fun and quite energetic.

Keep it up!

Judy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 17:21
Pending Member

BF:

Hi, Nomad and welcome to the forumn. I started belly dancing when I was in my early 30 and I was even offered a job but I went to one party and left. I enjoy dancing for my husband of 28 years and he really enjoy my dancing but only for him. I notice that by the time I have done a routine that I feel wonderful and very pleased with the expression on my husband face. My husband loves when I do the camel and the floor exercise. So, I have kept at it. I am now 48 years old and the fire is still going strong between us. Do you do belly dancing for exercise? Nomad , I look forward in talking with you soon. Have a wonderful day.
Donna
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 17:50

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Default I've got the bug too!

I just finished posting about this in my journal.

I am currently doing the BFL challenge and have also used my treadmill in the past for exercise.

However, this year I decided to take up belly dancing as I had always wanted to learn how to do it. Just finished my first course and am waiting to start the next level in two weeks time.

I have caught the bug quite badly so I have been practicing almost everyday since I started my classes and I agree with you it can be gentle but it can also be very energetic.

My muscles are constantly sore from learning the new ways of control and movement and I work up quite a sweat as I practice that control.

Just love it!

neener_15 has also started belly dancing to a tape.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 20:16
Pending Member

BF:
Default Belly dancing tape

I would love to take a refresher course. I first learnt to belly dance at the YMCA and then private lesson with a professional.
My husband bought me the The Goddess Workshop with Dolphina and it is wonderful. I also need to work on my floor exercises again. I danced for my husband tonight and had a very enjoyable hour and half in the bedroom. I am glad to hear from others that enjoy it as mush as I do.
Donna