Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 16:54
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate addicts diet
Stats: 159/151/138
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question Splurge day once a month

I totally ruined my diet today. I do not even want to discuss what I ate all day. Let's just say I splurged on breakfast and lunch and had a sweet snack. I am drinking a MT Dew right now.

I did not come here to tell on myself though. I have a reasonable quandry. What if a person were to pick one day out of each month to "vegout?" I find that around PMS time I have a harder time controlling my cravings. I know that I could discipline myself and my eating schedule if I knew that once a month, around the same time, I could splurge.

What is everyone's opinion on this?

I am a bad, bad, girl!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 17:52

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default From my experience..

it would ruin me for more than just that one day. It would probably take me a few days to STOP eating that way.. which would put me back a few weeks most likely. It's just not worth it... ride out the waves, you'll be wet, but just think how good you'll look in a bathing suit!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate addicts diet
Stats: 159/151/138
BF:
Progress: 38%
Post Thanks

Actually, I felt horrible yesterday after eating all of the crud I shoved into my body. I had a severe tummy ache in the middle of the night too. Also, the foods that I remember loving did not taste so great anymore. After my belly ache passed, I woke up craving my fiber and protein.

I guess you could say I splurged because I needed to know how it would feel. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. I really do feel better mentally and physically with my healthy way of eating. I am hypoglycemic so the high carbs in general effect my body poorly. I failed to remember that before splurging. My doctor put me on this way of eating because of my condition.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 17:02

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default I had a similar reaction

when I went on an unplanned binge. Partially I'm sure my depression at the binge was in part why I felt poorly.. but there was a very real physical reaction. I felt awful!

Lisa
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 19:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/159/135
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default I splurged!

We went out to eat on Sunday and we really over did it. We did eat most of the right things, but we also had some cheesecake! I removed the graham cracker part of it. We were both stuffed when we left.

So far this 'splurge' has not hurt us. We might even try it again, but not for atleast two weeks! We drank water with our meal. I was too coward to put liquid carbs into me!

See if this splurge hurt you any in a few days.

Marsha