Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 01:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/186/155
BF:
Progress: 43%
Smile lets do 150

hey im trying to do this with my hubby but its to hard with him hes never here for support(always working) so i would love to meet someone that is about the sameweight and wanting to start with the same goal as me ......lets have some fun

rach
xxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hello friend and Welcome..... I am not the same weight but I would love to share feelings and insperation with you. I have only been on the program just over a month and find it very successfull for me.

If you check out my jounal it will tell you all about me and then you can also post your feelings and such in there as well. Hold your journal and then you can also track your progress. It also helps to read a lot of these forums daily. I always once a day need to go to the success stories for a little bit of encouragement and then I go to my journal usually at the end of the day and post something.

Pearl
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 21:25

BF:
Default excellent

that would be great pearl !!im feeling really disheartened today i have put on a kilo so im going to start the fat fast ..i have to get my metabolism moving it is so stagnant the last 11 days i havce gained weight i think ......anyway its a new day tomorrow ..so ill keep you posted
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

What have you been eating. I know that I did not lose alot of weight in my first month. But they also always say that men tend to lose it faster then women.

Pearl
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 22:33

BF:

ive decided not to do the fat fast im just going to start induction again !!i had been sticking to the foods on induction and drinking heaps of water but being in australia some of the foods are hard to get and we have no low carb products what so ever really .....
but after spending hours reading other peoples diarys ive realised i obviously havent been eating enaough for my weight .so omorrow is another day and im pumped !!
hope you had a good day pearl
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 09:41

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Cool Can I join too?

Mornin', ladies!

May I hop into the pool with you? I'm aiming for 150 now (I changed it from 155 a couple of weeks ago) and it'd be nice to have someone to bounce things off of.

Twenty-five to go! Gotta keep up with that ski machine and my abs and inner thigh routines....
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 10:34

Plan: Atkins (89)
Stats: 221/159/150 Female 66
BF:sizes:18W/ 8 /6-4
Progress: 87%
Smile Hello!

Is there room for 1 more? It's nice to find a group that's going towards the same end goal. I'm trying to get to goal by July (at the latest. LOL)

Melissa
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 10:52

Cool Too cool, Melissa!

We have exactly the same start and goal weights! WOW!

Are you a student? "Spring break" says "student" to me.

I'd love to hit goal by August, for the LC Bikini Countdown get-together in Las Vegas. I'd love for that to happen--but realistically, I don't expect it. Things slow down the closer one gets to goal, that's just how this WOL works. I know I *will* make goal eventually, and that's what really counts for me now. Size 12 isn't just a dream any more.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 11:13

Cool WOW!!!!

I didn't notice that!!!! That's so cool!!!
Actually, I'm not a student right now. But my best friend is on spring break then and I'm going to see her. (WOO HOO!!!!!!)
I know what you mean about it being a dream to hit goal at certain time. I'm moving in July (for college ) and I'm hoping to not have the extra weight hanging around. LOL
My favorite is the fact that I'm smaller than at this weight than I was at 170. (Unfortunately, I'm out of clothes now. LOL)

Bye!

Melissa

PS - I honestly never thought that I would get into the clothes I'm wearing now!!!! I'm almost into my 10/12 levis!!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 08:07

How's everyone doing so far towards 150 goal ? Other than a fall off the wagon last week (up 1 lb but expected!!!) I'm down 2 lbs.

43 lbs to go!!!!!

Melissa
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 17:20

Cool 24 to go!

Still hanging in at 174, 24 lbs to go to that goal...

Now that I'm doing some exercises (not much, but more than nothing so it has to count ) I expect more ups and downs in the weight, as I build muscle and lose fat. I'll be making friends with Madame Tape Measure, I think--she's a better judge of reality anyway.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 22:15

BF:
Smile im back

hey excellent to see heaps of people aiming for the same goal .....my computer hasnt been happening for a couple of weeks but im back on and im down to 196 pounds im stoked its so good to be under 200 pounds !!!i think a lot of it is stress with university though .......oh and ive broken out in an allergy all over my face .yuck ......ive eaten too many maccas today im naughty ,....anyway must study ....have a great weekend all
cheers rach XXXXX
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 18:50

Question Hey, where is everybody!?

WHERE ARE Y'ALL???

I know Melissa's been running around like a headless chicken, poor thing, I read her journal daily (and she keeps checking in with me)... but what about the rest of ya?

I've started a new countdown based on body fat %, because this weekend I made the decision to do BFL. I honestly cannot say *what* my weight will be when I reach my goal of 19%, so I can't really say I belong here anymore... but I'll be happy to check in every so often and see how you're all doing!

Here's to reaching goals, whatever form they take!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 16:10

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Smile Can I join too .. canI canI???

Hi Guys....

Can I join too?? My ultimate goal is 145 (but alittle lower for comfort level would be nice but 145 I would be ecstatic!!!)

I would love to be a WL buddy, as well as have one... (or a few).

If I can play too, I would be alot of fun to play with... I like to keep a positive look even when things go a wry...

I'm not as strict as alot of people in here, but I have found this website to be of wonderful help, and have alot of moral support in my bones!!!

Thanks (if I can play)
Sally
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 16:59

Smile Join right in!!

Hi Sally!
The more the merrier!!! Having a positive outlook is one of the best things that a person can have on this WOE (and in life in general. LOL). Who knows! Maybe some of that will rub off on me!

Melissa