Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 196/172/145 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Unhappy Induction blahs

Still Day 3 of induction... I feel very nauseous. I can't eat.... feel like throwing up. And very light-headed. Hope this feeling goes away... I feel very yucky.

Jessica
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 15:35

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Yes - they go away. You should see a dramatic improvement in the next day or two. Keep with it and be sure that you are following the plan closely.

And - be sure to drink LOTS and LOTS of water - that appears to be the key to getting through the induction transition quickly.

Welcome aboard!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 17:49

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Welcome Jessica!

Your feelings are all part of carb withdrawal, and yes they will pass soon.

wbahn has the water part right on! The water helps to flush your system and keep you hydrated... A good potassium supplement helps some 400 mg is recommended for the first two weeks then you can taper down to two depending on water intake....the exception is if you are on meds...especially Blood pressure meds, as some do not interact well with Potassium, if so check with your DR. before adding!

Eating is important too! I would recommend you check the recipe section here, especially the one in breakfasts marked Mock Danish...if your sick of eggs already this is a quick and easy recipe with lots of variations...

Hang in there...the queasies should pass soon.

bsayne
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 22:32
Registered Member

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 196/172/145 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Wink

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I will go out tomorrow and buy the Potassium supplement. Yes, I am sick of eggs for breakfast already! I will look up the recipe ideas, thank you. I feel a bit better tonight.

I read Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution and read that obviously, it is not recommended for pregnanat women. My daughter is 10 months old and I still nurse her. His book doesn't talk about nursing mothers. Would anybody have any information as to any possible dangers in following a high protein diet while nursing? I know that my daughter has already detected a difference in the taste of my milk.

And what about Potassium... I wonder if it can harm her.... if anybody has any suggestions, or information, I would appreciate hearing from you. I have a doctor's appointment on Feb. 8th and will ask him more questions then, but in the meantime, any info. you might have for me would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

-Jessica
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 20:39

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Dear Jessica

Sorry for the delay...I didn't catch this post till today...here is a link BF and Low Carb
Pregnancy and BF with Low Carb

Hope that helps and more than that I hope you have found some other valuable links to that subject!

It is dear to my heart as I know know that this is the WOL for me and do intend to become pregnant and use a modified form with higher good carbs...Look at the bright side...how can it possibley be unhealthy to eat good quality proteins and carbs and omit sugar and processed flours...as many grains are an allergenic on there own. My 1st son didn't care for onions, tomatoes, garlic or chocolate! I guess they would make milk taste funny!

Bsayne