Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 21:04

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 327/298/227
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default New to forum

This is my first post. I have been LC for 3 full Months, I have lost 25 Lbs. and feel much better. My biggest challenge today is being sure to eat enough. I am not hungry at all any more and need food more for nutrition, than emotional hunger ( what a relief ).

I am following a blended Atkins / Eades LC eating plan, which I limit my daily carbs to 45 - 55 grms per day. I need to drink more water, I do drink coffee 1 to 2 cups a day and it has been ok.

My exercise has been spotty at best. The first 2 times I began, I overdid it and wound up with the flu. This time; I am limiting my exercise to 30 min. 4 times a week. With the first 25 lbs. off, it should be much easier.

At age 46, my body does not respond a well as it used to . Ha Ha

I am grateful for your support, best wishes to all
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 21:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Kevin Welcome! You're off to a terrific start -- 25 pounds! Good for you.

We all have different challenges -- two of mine are water and exercise. I've almost got the water down; exercise is next on the hit list. I'm just able to do walking now, but I'm trying to increase it every day.

You'll find a lot of information and support here. If you haven't already discovered them, you might want to read some journals. Lots of ideas in there -- not only of what people are eating (see our Daily Menu thread for that, too) but of the different problems, successes, etc. that we all go through.

Have fun, and good luck on your low carb journey
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 21:31

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

great going, kevin! you've done really well so far, and are working the program well, figuring out what's best for you I totally relate to the middle aged minor crisis this can stir up...lol. No, our bodies don't react as they did when we were twenty years younger. But think how much you've learned since then!

Welcome to the site
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 18:33

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 327/298/227
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Thanks !!

This is an awsome support tool.

You guys are great !
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 10:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default welcome Kevin

It sounds like U are off to a great start. Being male U shouldnt have a problem eating more carbs and taking weight off. And being a woman I will nag U right now..LOL DRINK WATER!! I think may be the single most factor in losing weight. Good luck.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 21:26

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Re: New to forum

Quote:
Originally posted by kevin m
This time; I am limiting my exercise to 30 min. 4 times a week.

Welcome Kevin!
Glad you found this board. There is so much information here and tons of suppport!!! If you are exercising, you should start an gym log. I find it helps me keep track of my activities. Best of luck to you in your low-carb endevours!

Linda
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 07:24

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

GW you are so funny -

Kevin - GWILSON is right about the water (and doesn't she "nag" nicely ? )

My husband went out and bought a podometer (sp?) one of those things you clip on your belt and at the end of the day it tells you how many miles/kilometers you've walked. He finds it to be really motivational to try and get his"numbers" up every day in that respect and watch his scale "numbers" go down!!

Welcome aboard!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 07:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Howdy Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you are already in the groove! Keep up the good work! I have only lost 8 pounds in the first 2 weeks, but I am never hungry, so I plan to continue on this WOE from now on!
I am 55, and believe you me, it is best you are getting your weight off at your age, and not waiting until 55! The older you are the harder it is to lose and the easier it is to gain!!!!!!!!!!!! I can testify to that, Kevin!
Welcome aboard and as we say here in TEXAS...........KEEP ON TRUCKING!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 10:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Welcome Kevin!

Hi Kevin,

sounds like you are doing great...keep posting and keep us informed of your progress..this is a great place fore support..as you have seen.

Good Luck!!

Laura