Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 12:05
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%
Talking Kim Curves Towards Goal

I've been scouting the Curves that just recently moved in a few blocks from our office. Last week, I stopped in for the open house and today I went in for the body analaysis. ---I joined.

Weighed in at Curves (in clothes) at 168. Not too bad considering I'm wearing a wool suit and have been drinking tons of water all morning.
I'm about 2% above a healthy BMI and inches away from fitting comfortably into a 9/10.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at 11:00 for my first guided workout. Then, I'm off and running on my own. I think paying to go somewhere to work out during work may just be the push I need. Afterall, I can't use the excuse of not having the time after work anymore and I won't have to get up any extra early to spend 30 minutes working out. If I'm paying for it, I'd better get my arse up and get busy! Let's hope to see results..

Last edited by Ohio Kim : Tue, Oct-12-04 at 12:13.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 13:38
Italian Goddess

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/199/150 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 53%

Kim, I love the name of your journal! Very cool. I wanted to stop by your crib and see how things were looking! Looking good girl, those clothes will be loose in no time!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-13-04, 12:08
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:
Talking

I LOVED my visit to Curves. Since this is the first week they are open and most people are just in there for their body analysis and first work-out, I know it wasn't like a normal session. However, my heart-rate was at my THR for the entire 30 minutes and it went SO fast! I feel like a got an awsome work-out and can't wait to go back on Friday (if not before). They kept it really cool in there so even though I did sweat, it wasn't bad and because it's a brand new facility, everything was perfect! They had babywipes, lotion, deoderant, etc., in the changing rooms. I think I've found the perfect way to achieve my exercise goal. Which is now to make it to Curves atleast 3 times per week (if not more).

I was talking to my trainer today and it came up that her husband's aunt & uncle are my next-door neighbors. Her husband is actually from my area and graduated from the same school my kids to go. We spent the entire 30 minutes talking about here and there. What a small world!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 13:30
Italian Goddess

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/199/150 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 53%

I posted a reply to my own journal like an idiot. Anyway, congrats on your first day at Curves! Sounds wonderful, even pampering! You are going to love how you feel, vibrant. I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop! yeah baby.

Okay, what I said was stop bragging about your boobage! Unless you want to make a donation, or a trade, I've got some butt to share!

grins

enjoy!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 13:01
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:
Default 10/18/04

Monday - made it to Curves for a great workout. I pushed myself a lot harder today than I did last week despite being extremey sore from our first night of Couples Bowling League. This is Curves' first official week open and it was nice working out with a few people. It was pouring down rain today though and I felt a little silly driving 3 blocks to work-out. Need to find an umbrella!

Lunch: Subway Chef Salad.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-04, 11:51
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:
Default 10/19/04

Made it to Curves AGAIN today. I know they recommend going 3 times a week, but I feel like I need to go as often as I can just to get myself into a good routine. I'm a creature of habit and what better what to create a good one then to just GO! I pushed even harder today and worked up quite a sweat. Sure am glad for baby wipes. My hips and inner thighs were burning.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 11:08
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:
Default 10/21/04

Curves today. 30 minute workout Combined 15 minute cardio/15 weights.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 12:02
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:
Talking

Made it back to Curves. Kim gave me a hard time for missing yesterday.. She thought I missed work to recooperate from my weekend in Cleveland. I'm convinced the 30 minutes is beginning to pay off. I'm sure I was less winded running up the stairs at the game than I was at the last game we went to. Even Dave commented that he was about ready to die and I didn't feel all that terrible.. Could it be paying off already?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 11:12
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Today was my 7th visit to Curves. I think I'm already beginning to feel a difference. The hips of my pants feel a little baggier today, physically, I feel stronger and mentally, I already feel like I've reached a huge goal by going. Could this be? I wonder how long it is supposed to take before a person can begin to feel improvements. Is this possible?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Some may be in your mind - but I bet it is REALLY going on. Positive feedback works no matter where it happens!

Teri
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 09:13
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Made it to Curves before work today. I am getting a spray tan at lunch today and didn't want to miss my work-out. Who said that? What's happening to me?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 12:18
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Made it back to Curves today after forgetting my clothes on Monday and being too busy on Tuesday. It's amazing how easy it is to get out of the habbit. I wasn't even looking forward to going today. I can not let this happen again. To remain faithful, I must force myself to go even when time does not seem to permit 30 minutes.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:09
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

I don't feel good today. I think I'm fighting off a cold as my eyes feel all watery, I'm tired, and feel warm while my hands are cold. I'm planning on going to Curves today, but already know I'm not going to feel like it.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 11:23
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:
Talking

Been to Curves Monday & Tuesday this week. Seems to be working...

10/12/04................................... 11/09/04
Bust...... 39.50 ............................. 38.50 ..... -1.00
Waist .....31.50 ............................ 31.00 ..... -0.50
Abdomen 38.50 ............................. 37.25 .... -1.25
Hips .......41.50 ............................ 40.00 .... -1.50
Thighs .. .24.50 .......................... 23.50 ..... -2.00
Arms (R)...13.00 ......................... 12.00 ..... - 1.00

Total Body Fat 27.50%.......... Now 28.10 (she says this can fluctuate depending on what you've eaten, i.e. salty foods, or the time of the month). Oh Well.. That's still a loss of 8.25 Total Inches!!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 11:32
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

An inch off your bust in a month...now THAT'S motivation for me! Great job!