Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 03:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/260/185
BF:
Progress: 4%
Question drinking water

hi would any one have a idea on water consumtion.
I know the quantity we are to drink,but does that mean when you drink de caf tea or de caf diet coke, do you make up that consumsion thanks in advance!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 05:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/148/133
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hiya

Hope this helps, you are required to drink another glass of water for every cup of tea , coffee and diet soda, on top of the 2 litres you have to drink, soon you will be swishing to thinness, or swishing to the loo. Keep it up

bye scotlass
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 07:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Scotlass is correct, Ali. You do not count the diet sodas or teas / coffees you drink as part of your 64 oz; they are a part and on top of whatever else you drink. And for those other drinks high in caffeine it is recommended you add more water to your total; caffeine is a diuretic and will counteract the water you've drunk.

HTH
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 07:48

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Water consumption

Thanks to this forum I realized how important water consumption is. I had read that but didn't realize how crucial it is to losing the weight. I was on a stall for at least two weeks and when I stepped up my H2O I started losing again. Thanks for all your info guys...it really helps!!!! Victoria
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 10:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

As a former water-scorner and Coke addict, I'd like to add that when I drank soda or diet soda FIRST it was almost impossible to drink the 8 glasses. I fought it for a long time, but then decided to go with just water. It took a couple of weeks to adjust, but now it's a habit.

I'd still like to up water to 12 glasses, not 8. All in good time