Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-01, 15:20

Plan: Under 20 carbs a day
Stats: 150/150/135
BF:
Progress:
Default HELP......

I just have a quick question.... I started the Atkins diet last Monday. I was doing so good, under 20 carbs a day until last night (friday). I am usually good about checking my labels, but I thought that I had bought diet Dr.Pepper with no caffiene, but i had bought regular Dr. Pepper with no caffiene. I only had a glass of it and did not realize my mistake until after I drank the glass (of course)..... I have done well today, eating no carbs at all. Did I completely blow this diet or am I freaking out for no reason!?!?

Thanks for you help!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-01, 15:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/290/185
BF:
Progress:

I find it helps to exercize after goofing up. It may not do much to help the physical problem but it serves as a kind of pennece and relieves some of the guilt so as to keep the little slip up from becoming a big !~#$ up. One soft drink is not a big deal unless it leads to more. So dont let it trip you up on the other had dont get in the habit of excusing youself. Physically the carbs can tend to make me feel low energy and tired.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-01, 16:20

BF:
Progress:

Thanks. Actually it has made me more determined to stay on the diet. I was just so mad at myself for doing something like that. I have been on this diet before and you tend to get a little obsessive about it around the fourth day that you are on it. I was sick at the thought that I had made it almost a week and may have blown it. But I guess that it could have been worse!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-01, 18:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: HELP......

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbie
i had bought regular Dr. Pepper with no caffiene. I only had a glass of it and did not realize my mistake until after I drank the glass (of course)..... I have done well today, eating no carbs at all. Did I completely blow this diet or am I freaking out for no reason!?!?

Bobbie, the biggest thing about having something like a regular soda is that it might trigger cravings; as you seem to be doing ok today I wouldnt sweat it. Afterall, you're in this for the long run and a minor blip on the radar screen is just that

Don't be too hard on yourself, you do need those 20g of carbs (specifically you need them from those veggies). By hopping back on the wagon and making sure to double check those lables you'll be fine.

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 07:54

BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much!!! Surprisingly I have not had any cravings. I am sure that I freaked out for nothing.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 10:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Learning adventure

All of life is a learning adventure, I'm sure you won't have the Dr. Pepper problem again. Sometimes a mistake makes us more aware of other mistakes we could make.

LIke Nat said, probably the worse for one Dr. Pepper could be the cravings it could trigger. Seems like your aware, so this might not even be a problem.

Good luck, as you continue.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 13:13

BF:
Progress:

Thank you!! I am not having any cravings today, so I think that I am ok. I appreciate yall calming me down!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 23:42

Plan: LC
Stats: 193/159.9/125 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hello,

I can't believe that I did exactly the same thing, but mine was a caffeine free REGULAR coke. I only drank a quarter of a cup but still... I was on my 13th day. Anyway what I would like to know is how many hours does it take for ketostix not to turn purple, or show only trace.

I drank my coke at 4 pm, and the ketostix is still dark, and I drink a lot of water...

thank you

maggie
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 01:02

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Default Have to ask

Is Bobbie your real name or just the one you use for the forum?

I don't meet other Bobbies very often--especially spelled the same way but I just met a lady yesterday with the same name and spelled "ie" as well. And now you.

I am always interested to see if they are blond or dark like me.

I always get asked if my name is short for something else like Roberta--NOT!

Bobbie
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 10:37

BF:
Progress:

Well hello Bobbie!!

We are few and far between. My name is Bobbie Jo (nice southern name)!!

When I graduated high school, there were 3 of us Bobbie Jo's. Me, another girl, and a boy. I am usually mistaken for a guy because of my name.

I have dark brown hair.

It is very nice to meet you!!!! How old are you? (if you don't mind me asking)? I am 26. Most people like the name, but I have had a few people make a face when they find out what my name is.....
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 14:21

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

I am just plain Bobbie.

I am 37 years old and married w/ four boys.

I have dark brown hair w/ (fake) red highlights and dark brown eyes.

I was born in England and used to get ribbed a lot, when I was a little girl, about the fact that bobby is a nickname for the policemen there. It never bothered me at all. Nor the fact that Bobby is "supposed" to be a boy's name.

My mum was going to call me Rachel because that is her maiden name. However, when I was born she said I didn't look like a Rachel. It felt wrong to call me that. The nurses told her that if she didn't hurry up and give me a name they would do it for her. One day she said she looked at me and knew my name was Bobbie (she'd never even considered or thought of that name before). She was worried my dad might not like it but he agreed that I was a Bobbie so that was that. I guess I have always liked my name because I feel I got it in a special way .
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 15:58

BF:
Progress:

I am married with no kids. Just celebrated our 2 year anniversay on 10-2. I have natural red highlights, but am considering getting more red put on my hair.

My dad's name is Bobbie and I have an Aunt Joyce and an Aunt Jo. So that is how I got my name.

You seem to be doing so well on your diet (by your stats). How long have you been on the diet.

I usually stay on it for 2 weeks and then get off for a while. I am going to stay on it for longer this time.

I am sure that it is hard to stay on the diet with 4 kids, (all of the good junk food).

I finally found a low carb bar that I liked. On the package it said that it had 2 carbs, but I was looking at other posts about the hidden carbs and found that the bar really had 19.6 carbs. That is very frustrating.

Well you have a great day!!!!